1. It’s unbearable to fail at important things and I can’t stand not succeeding at them.
2. I can’t stand a lack of consideration from other people and I can’t bear the possibility of their unfairness.
3. It’s unbearable being uncomfortable‚ tense or nervous and I can’t stand it when I am.
4. I have worth as a person even if I do not perform well at tasks that are important to me.
5. I can’t stand being tense or nervous and I think tension is unbearable.
6. It’s awful to be disliked by people who are important to me and it is a catastrophe if they don’t like me.
7. If important people dislike me it is because I am an unlikable bad person.
8. When I am treated inconsiderately I think it shows what kind of bad and hopeless people there are in the world.
9. If I am rejected by someone I like‚ I can accept myself and still recognise my worth as a human being.
10.If I do not perform well at tasks that are important to me it is because I am a worthless bad person
11.It’s awful to do poorly at some important things and I think it is a catastrophe if I do poorly.
12.I think it is terribly bad when people treat me with disrespect.
13.When people I like reject me or dislike me it is because I am a bad or worthless person.
14.I cannot stand being treated unfairly and I think unfairness is unbearable.
15.I believe that if a person treats me very unfairly they are bad and worthless.
16.I can’t stand hassles in my life.
17.It’s awful to have hassles in one’s life and it is a catastrophe to be hassled.
18.I cannot tolerate not doing well at important tasks and it is unbearable to fail.
19.It is important that people treat me fairly most of the time‚ however‚ I realise I do not have to be treated fairly just because I want to be.
20.If I do not perform well at things which are important it will be a catastrophe.
21.It is unbearable to not have respect from people and I can’t stand their disrespect.
22.If important people dislike me‚ it goes to show what a worthless person I am.
23.I must be liked and accepted by people I want to like me and I will not accept their not liking me.
24.I want to be liked and accepted by people whom I like‚ but I realise they don’t have to like me just because I want them to.
25.When people who I want to like me disapprove or me or reject me‚ I can’t bear their disliking me.
26.If people treat me without respect‚ it goes to show how bad they really are.
Rational thinking‚ Self-Downing‚ Need for Achievement‚ Need for Approval‚ Need for Comfort‚ Demand for Fairness‚ and other downing
Subscales (Alpha): Achievement (0.79)‚ Approval (0.79)‚ Comfort (0.80)‚ Fairness (0.80)‚ Self-downing (0.832)‚ Other downing (0.83)‚ Rationality (0.84). (Lindner et al.‚ 1999)
Subscales (Alpha): Achievement (0.877)‚ Approval (0.714)‚ Comfort (0.812)‚ Fairness (0.720)‚ Self-downing (0.832)‚ Other downing (0.616)‚ Total irrationality (0.846)‚ Rationality (0.735). (Douglas. M.‚2015. NURSERESEARCHER volume 10 number 4)
Strongly Disagree=1‚ Disagree=2‚ Neutral=3‚ Agree=4‚ Strongly Agree=5
Lindner‚ H.‚ Kirkby‚ R.‚ Wertheim‚ E.‚ & Birch‚ P. (1999). A Brief Assessment of Irrational Thinking: The Shortened General Attitude and Belief Scale. Cognitive Therapy and Research‚ 23(6)‚ 651-663.