Please circle the response that best captures your own experience: none some a lot
1. I've felt pressure from my friends to lose weight.
2. I've noticed a strong message from my friends to have a thin body.
3. I've felt pressure from my family to lose weight .
4. I've noticed a strong message from my family to have a thin body
5. I've felt pressure from people I've dated to lose weight. .
6. I've noticed a strong message from people I've dated to have a thin body.
7. I've felt pressure from the media (e.g.‚ TV‚ magazines) to lose weight.
8. I've noticed a strong message from the media to have a thin body.
9. Family members tease me about my weight or body shape.
10. Kids at school tease me about my weight or body shape.
1=none‚ 2‚ 3=some‚ 4‚ 5=a lot
Stice‚ E. (2001). A prospective test of the dual-pathway model of bulimic pathology: Mediting effects of dieting and negative affect.Journal of Abnormal Psychology‚ 110‚ 124-135.
Stice‚ E. & Bearman‚ K. (2001). Body-image and eating disturbances prospectively predict increases in depressive symptoms in adolescent girls: A growth curve analysis. Developmental Psychology‚ 37‚ 597-607.
Stice‚ E. & Whitenton‚ K. (2002). Risk factors for body dissatisfaction in adolescent girls: A longitudinal investigation. Developmental Psychology‚ 38‚ 669-678