1. All sexual orientations are natural expressions of human sexuality.
2. Positive aspects of various sexual orientations should be included in public education.
3. I believe that the lives of lesbian‚ gay‚ and bisexual individuals could not be as fulfilling as those of heterosexual individuals.
4. Only heterosexual individuals are appropriate religious leaders.
5. I think society will benefit from fostering equal opportunity employment for lesbian‚ gay‚ and bisexual individuals.
6. Heterosexual couples make better candidates for parents than do same-sex couples for adoption.
7. I would accept my sibling’s partner regardless of his or her sex.
8. No one sexual orientation is better than any other sexual orientation.
9. An anti-discrimination law is incomplete without the inclusion of sexual orientation.
10.There is no reason to restrict lesbian‚ gay‚ or bisexual individuals from working in the military.
11.I think lesbian/gay/bisexual people are unfit as teachers.
12.I would not think less of my co-worker if I found out that he or she was a lesbian‚ gay‚ or bisexual individual.
13.My relationship with my friend would change if I found out that he or she was not heterosexual.
14.I make sure to invite the partner of my lesbian or gay friend to social functions.
15.In general‚ heterosexual people are more psychologically adjusted than lesbian‚ gay‚ and bisexual people.
16.Legalization of same-sex marriage will dismantle the fundamental foundations for society.
Superiority of heterosexuality and tolerance/acceptance of non-heterosexuality
Strongly Disagree‚ Disagree‚ Neither Disagree or Agree‚ Agree‚ Strongly Agree
This instrument can be found at: http://drum.lib.umd.edu/bitstream/handle/1903/3838/umi-umd-3683.pdf;jsessionid=7B59B521D0C934841158C69A9AFFC899?sequence=1
Park‚ Jeeseon. (2004). Development of the Heterosexism Scale. Manuscript submitted for publication.
Park‚ J.‚ & Bieschke‚ K. J. (2002). Development of the Heterosexism Scale. Poster presented at the meeting of the American Psychological Association‚ Chicago‚ IL.
Park‚ J. (2001). Development of the heterosexism scale. (Unpublished doctoraldissertation). The Pennsylvania State University‚ University Park.
Gallor‚ Susanna. M. (2006). heterosexual parents’ gender role attitudes‚ religious orientation‚ heterosexist beliefs support group experiences and relationship functioning with their lesbian or gay children. Doctoral Dissertation. University of Maryland‚ College Park