Leary‚ Kelly‚ Cottrell‚ & Schreindorfer‚ 2001‚ 2005
1. If other people don't seem to accept me‚ I don't let it bother me. (R)
2. I try hard not to do things that will make other people avoid or reject me.
3. I seldom worry about whether other people care about me. (R)
4. I need to feel that there are people I can turn to in times of need.
5. I want other people to accept me.
6. I do not like being alone.
7. Being apart from my friends for long periods of time does not bother me. (R)
9. It bothers me a great deal when I am not included in other people's plans.
10.My feelings are easily hurt when I feel that others do not accept me.
1 = Strongly Disagree
2 = Moderately Disagree
3 = Neither Agree nor Disagree
4 = Moderately Agree
5 = Strongly Agree
Baumeister‚ R. F.‚ & Leary‚ M. R. (1995). The need to belong: Desire for interpersonal attachments as a fundamental human motivation. PsychologicalBulletin‚ 117‚ 497–529.
Leary‚ M. R.‚ Kelly‚ K. M.‚ Cottrell‚ C. A.‚ & Schreindorfer‚ L. S. (2001). Individual differences in the need to belong. Unpublished manuscript‚Wake Forest University‚ Winston-Salem‚ NC
Leary‚ M. R.‚ Kelly‚ K. M.‚ Cottrell‚ C. A.‚ & Schreindorfer‚ L. S. (2012). Individual differences in the need to belong: Mapping the nomological network. Unpublished manuscript‚ Duke University.
Leary‚ Mark R.‚ Hoyle‚ Rick H. (2012). Handbook of Individual Differences in Social Behavior. Guilford Press