6. It is sometimes unpleasant for me to think about myself.
8. At times‚ I find it difficult to achieve the things that are important to me.
Self-Liking/Self Competence Scale (SLCS)
1. Owing to my capability‚ I have much potential. (c+)
2. I feel comfortable about myself. (L+)
3. I don’t succeed at much. (c-)
4. I have done well in life so far. (c+)
5. I perform very well at a number of things. (c+)
6. It is often unpleasant for me to think about myself. (L-)
7. I tend to devalue myself. (L-)
8. I focus on my strengths. (L+)
9. I feel worthless at times. (L)-
10.I am a capable person. (c+)
11.I don’t have much to be proud of. (c-)
12.I’m secure in my sense of self-worth. (L+)
14.I do not have enough respect for myself. (L-)
15.I am talented. (c+)
16.H feel good about who I am. (L+)
17.I am not very competent. (C-)
18.I have a negative attitude toward myself. (L-)
19.I deal poorly with challenge. (C-)
20.I perform inadequately in many important situation. (C-)
This instrument can be found at: http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/HomePage/faculty/swann/docu/ts2001.pdf
Self-liking (items 1‚ 3‚ 5‚ 6‚ 7‚ 9‚ 11‚ and 15)‚ self-competence (items 2‚ 4‚ 8‚ 10‚ 12‚ 13‚ 14‚ and 16)‚ reverse-scored (items 1‚ 6‚ 7‚ 8‚ 10‚ 13‚ 15 and 16)
Tafarodi‚ R. W.‚ & Swann‚ W. B. Jr.‚ (1995). Self-liking and self-competence as dimensions of global self-esteem: Initial validation of a measure. Journal of Personality Assessment‚ 65‚ 322–342.
Tafarodi‚ R. W.‚ & Vu‚ C. (1997). Two-dimensional self-esteem and reactions to success and failure. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin‚ 23‚ 626–635.
Tafarodi‚ R. & Swann‚ W. (2000). Structural Validation of the Self-Liking/Self-Competence Scale-Revised Version. Manuscript in preparation.
Tafarodi‚ R. W.‚ & Swann‚ W. B. Jr.‚ (2001). Two-dimensional self-esteem: Theory and measurement. Personality and Individual Differences‚ 31‚ 653–673.
Allen‚ Andrea‚ “Informational effects of assessment feedback” (2001). Florida International University Electronic Theses and Dissertations. Paper 1094.http://digitalcommons.fiu.edu/etd/1094