Measure of Individualism versus Collectivism
1. It is important to me to respect decisions made by the group.
2. I often have the feeling that my relationships with others are more important than my own accomplishments.
3. I will sacrifice my self-interest for the benefit of the group.
4. I enjoy being unique and different from others in many respects.
5. I prefer to be direct and forthright when dealing with people I’ve just met.
6. My personal identity independent of others is very important to me.
Strongly Disagree / Disagree / Slightly Disagree / Slightly Agree / Agree /Strongly Agree
Singelis‚ T. M. (1994). The measurement of independent and interdependent self-construals. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin‚ 20‚ 580-591.
Singelis‚ T. M.‚ Triandis‚ H. C.‚ Bhawuk‚ D. P. S.‚ & Gelfand‚ M. J. (1995). Horizontal and vertical dimensions of individualism and collectivism: A theoretical and measurement refinement. Cross-Cultural Research‚ 29‚ 240–275.
Cozma‚ Irina. (2011). How are individualism and collectivism measured?. Romanian Journal of Applied Psychology; 13(1): 11-17.