Civic Attitudes Scale
1. Adults should give some time for the good of their community.
2. People regardless of whether they’ve been successful or not‚ ought to help others.
3. Individuals have a responsibility to help solve our social problems.
4. I feel that I can make a difference in the world.
5. It is important to help others even if you don’t get paid for it..
This instrument can be found on page 147-148 of Assessing Outcomes in Child and Youth Programs: A Practical Handbook‚ available online at: http://fyi.uwex.edu/topic/youth/
1 = Strongly disagree‚ 2=Disagree Somewhat‚ 3= Neither Agree norDisagree‚ 4= agreeSomewhat‚ 5= Strongly agree
Mabry‚ J. B. (1998). Pedagogical variations in service-learning and student outcomes: How time‚ contact and reflection matter. Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning‚ 5‚ 32-47.