Attitude toward CMC
Perceptions of CMC Assessment
Adapted by Perry‚ 2010
CMC: Computer-mediated communication
1. I feel that CMC hinders or would hinder communication with my partner.
2. My preference is to use CMC sparingly with my partner.
3. When debating or discussing an issue of contention‚ I sometimes like to use CMC as a method of communication
4. When communicating with my partner using CMC‚ I sometimes feel misunderstood
5. I prefer to use CMC to discuss an important issue on which my partner and I have differing opinions
6. My partner and I have more productive conversations when using CMC
7. I have a negative perception of using CMC to communicate with others
8. I use CMC to reiterate or clarify a point made during a face to face or phone conversation
9. I have a positive attitude about using CMC
10.I enjoy communicating using computers.
11.I am nervous about using the computer to communicate with others.
12.I look forward to sitting down at my computer to write to others.
13.I am motivated to use computers to communicate with others.
“strongly disagree‚ 1” to “strongly agree‚ 4”
This instrument can be found online at: http://uknowledge.uky.edu/gradschool_theses/66
Perry‚ Martha‚ "FACE TO FACE VERSUS COMPUTER-MEDIATED COMMUNICATION: COUPLES SATISFACTION AND EXPERIENCE ACROSS CONDITIONS" (2010). University of Kentucky master's Theses. Paper 66. http://uknowledge.uky.edu/gradschool_theses/66