Travis’s Alienation Scale
Margins of Society (MOS) Alienation Scale
1. I feel all alone these days*
2. I’m sure I’ll find the right person to care enough about me.
3. I often feel discriminated against.*
4. I like to live by society’s rules.
5. My whole world feels like it’s falling apart.*
6. It’s fairly easy for me to tell just what is right and wrong these days.
7. I wish I were somebody important.*
8. I never feel all alone these days.
9. I don’t like to live by society’s rules.*
10.My whole world feels like it’s running smoothly.
11.It’s hard for me to tell just what is right and wrong these days.*
12.I rarely feel discriminated against.
13.I’ll never find the right person to care enough about me.*
14.I don’t wish I were somebody else.
* Short form
marginality‚ aloneness‚ aspirations‚ and normlessness
5-point Likert scale
Travis‚ R. (1993). The MOS alienation scale: An alternative to Srole’s anomia scale. Social Indicator Research‚ 28‚ 71-91.
Travis‚ R. (1993). The Mos Alienation Scale: An Alternative to Srole's Anomia Scale. Social Indicators Research‚ 28(1)‚ 71-91.
Yang‚ Anthony. (2015). Quantifying anomia: development of a scale. California State University. master of Arts thesis.