Psychological Acculturation Scale (PAS)
Tropp‚ Erkut‚ Coll‚ Alarcon‚ & Vazquez-Garcia‚ 1999
1. With which group of people do you feel you share most of your beliefs and values?
2. With which group of people do you feel you have the most in common?
3. With which group of people do you feel most comfortable?
4. In your opinion‚ which group of people best understands your ideas (your way of thinking)?
5. Which culture do you feel proud to be a part of?
6. In what culture do you know how things are done and feel that you can do them easily?
7. In what culture do you feel confident you know how to act?
8. In your opinion‚ which group of people do you understand best?
9. In what culture do you know what is expected of a person in various situations?
10. Which culture do you know the most about (for example: its history‚ traditions‚ and customs)?
Only with Hispanics/Latinos 1-––- 2-–– 3-–– 4 Equally with Hispanics/Latinos 5-–– 6-–– 7-–– 8-–– 9 Only with Anglos (Americans)
Tropp‚ L. R.‚ Erkut‚ S.‚ Coll‚ C. G.‚ Alarcon‚ O.‚ & Vazquez-Garcia‚ H. A. (1999). Psychosocial acculturation: Development of a new measure for Puerto Ricans on the U.S. mainland. Educational and Psychological Measurement‚ 59‚ 351–367.
Davis LE and Engel RJ. Measuring Race and Ethnicity. New York‚ NY: Springer 2011.