2. My parent doesn’t really like me to tell her my troubles.
3. My parent tells me that her ideas are correct and that I shouldn’t question them.
4. My parent respects my privacy.
5. My parent hardly ever praises me for doing well.
6. My parent gives me a lot of freedom.
7. My parent really lets me get away with things.
8. If I don’ t behave myself‚ my parent will punish me.
9. My parent makes most of the decisions about what I can do.
10. My parent believes I have a right to my own point of view.
11. I can count on my parent to help me out if I have a problem.
12. My parent points out ways I could do better.
13. My parent spends time just talking to me.
14. When I do something wrong‚ my parent does not punish me.
15. My parent and I do things that are fun together.
A. My mother really expects me to follow family rules.
B. My mother doesn’t really like me to tell her my troubles.
C. My mother expects me to dress and act differently in places like church or a restaurant than I do when I’m with my friends.
D. My mother tells me that her ideas are correct and that I shouldn’t question them.
E. Hard work is very important to my mother.
F. My mother respects my privacy.
G. My mother hardly ever praises me for doing well.
H. My mother gives me a lot of freedom.
I. My mother really lets me get away with things.
J. If I don’t behave myself‚ my mother will punish me.
K. My mother expects me to do what she says without having to tell me why.
L. My mother makes most of the decisions about what I can do.
M. It is important to my mother that I do my best.
N. My mother encourages me to talk to her honestly.
O. My mother doesn’t ask me to change my behavior to meet the needs of other people in the family.
P. My mother believes I have a right to my own point of view.
Q. If I don’t act according to my mother’s standards‚ she will do things to make sure I do in the future.
R. I can count on my mother to help me out if I have a problem.
S. I would describe my mother as a strict parent.
T. My mother points out ways I could do better.
U. My mother pushes me to do my best in whatever I do.
V. It’s clear to me when my mother thinks I have done well.
W. My mother pushes me to think for myself.
X. My mother is strict about how I behave when I’m in stores‚ the library‚ or someplace where there are mostly adults.
Y. My mother makes it clear when I have done something she doesn’t like.
Z. I can tell when my mother thinks I could have done better.
AA. My mother spends time just talking to me.
BB. When I do something wrong‚ my mother does not punish me.
CC. My mother and I do things that are fun together.
DD. My mother sets high standards for me to meet.
EE. My mother gives me chores to do around the house.
FF. When my family does things together‚ my mother expects me to come.
Darling‚ N. & Steinberg‚ L. (1993). Parenting style as context: an integrative model. Psychological Bulletin‚ 113(3)‚ 487-496.
Darling‚ N. & Toyokawa‚ T. (1997). Construction and validation of parenting style inventory II (PSI – II). Unpublished manuscript‚ Department of Human Development and Family Studies‚ The Pennsylvania State University‚ United States of America.