Intrinsic religiosity Scale
Faith Devotion Scale
[Adapted from Intrinsic Religious Motivation (Hoge‚ 1972)]
1. My Faith involves all of my life
2. One should seek God’s guidance when making every important decision
3. In my life I experience the presence of the Divine
4. My faith sometimes restricts my actions
5. Nothing is more important to me as serving God as best I know how
6. I try hard to carry my religion over into all of my other dealings in life
7. My religious beliefs are what really lie behind my whole approach to life
*8. It doesn’t matter so much what I believe as long as I live a moral life
*9. Although I am a religious person‚ I refuse to let religious considerations influence my everyday affairs
10. Although I believe in my religion‚ I feel there are many more important things in life
1 = Strongly disagree‚ 2 = Somewhat disagree‚ 3 = Somewhat agree‚ 4 = Strongly agree
Hoge‚ D.R. (1972). A validated intrinsic religious motivation scale. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion‚ 11‚ 369-376.
Ian G. Hansen and Ara Norenzayan. When How You Believe Matters More than What You Believe: Religiosity and Religious Intolerance among Christians and Buddhists. University of British Columbia.