Shields‚ C. G.‚ Franks‚ P.‚ Harp‚ J. J.‚ Campbell‚ T. L.‚ McDaniel S‚ H. (1992). Family Emotional Involvement and Criticism Scales (FEICS ). In: ischer‚ Joel.‚ Corcoran‚ Kevin J. (2007 ). Measures for Clinical Practice and research: A sourcebook. (4th ed.). NY. Oxford University Pr. Vol. 1‚ Page (s): 283-284.
1. I am upset if anyone else in my family is upset.
2. My family approves of most everything I do.*
3. My family knows what I am feeling most of the time.
4. My family finds fault with my friends.
5. Family members give me money when I need it.
6. My family complains about the way I handle money.
7. My family knows what I am thinking before I tell them.
8. My family approves of my friends.*
9. I often know what my family members are thinking before they tell me.
10.My family complains about what I do for fun.
11.If I am upset‚ people in my family get upset too.
12.My family is always trying to get me to change.
13.If I have no way of getting somewhere my family will take me.
14.I have to be careful what I do or my family will put me down.
* Reverse scored
1 = Almost Never‚ 2= Once in a While‚ 3= Sometimes‚ 4= Often‚ 5= Almost Always
PC subscale: even numbered items
EI subscale: odd numbered items
This instrument can be found at: https://www.purdue.edu/hhs/hdfs/directory/faculty/documents/FEICS_1992article.pdf