Please read each statement and circle a number 0‚ 1‚ 2 or 3 which indicates how much the statement applied to you over the past week. There are no right or wrong answers.
Do not spend too much time on any statement.
0= Did not apply to me at all
1= Applied to me to some degree or for some of time
2= Applied to me to consider degree or for a good part of time
3= Applied to me very much or most of the time
1. I found myself getting upset by quite trivial things
2. I was aware of dryness of my mouth.
3. I couldn't seem to experience any positive feeling at all.
4. I experience breathing difficulty (e.g. breathlessness or excessively rapid breathing in the absence of physical exertion).
5. I just couldn't seem to get going
6. I tended to over-react to situations.
7. I had a feeling of shakiness (e.g. legs going to give way)
8. I found it difficult to relax.
9. I found myself in situations that made me so anxious I was most relieved when they ended
10.I felt that I had nothing to look forward to.
11.I found myself getting upset rather easily
12.I felt that I was using a lot of nervous energy.
13.I felt sad and depressed
14. I found myself getting impatient when I was delayed in any way (eg‚ lifts‚ traffic lights‚ being kept waiting)
15.I had a feeling of faintness
16.I felt that I had lost interest in just about everything
17.I felt I wasn't worth much as a person.
18.I felt that I was rather touchy.
19. I perspired noticeably (e.g. hands sweaty) in the absence of high temperatures or physical exertion
20.I felt scared without any good reason.
21.I felt that life wasn't worthwhile
22.I found it hard to "wind down".
23.I had difficulty in swallowing
24.I couldn't seem to get any enjoyment out of the things I did
25. I was aware of the action of my heart in the absence of physical exertion (e.g. sense of heart 'missing a beat').
26.I felt down hearted and blue.
27.I found that I was very irritable
28.I felt I was close to panic.
29.I found it hard to calm down after something upset me
30.I feared that I would be "thrown" by some trivial but unfamiliar task
31.I was unable to become enthusiastic about anything.
32.I found it difficult to tolerate interruptions to what I was doing
33.I was in a state of nervous tension
34.I felt I was pretty worthless
35.I was intolerant of anything that kept me from getting on with what I was doing.
36.I felt terrified
37.I could see nothing in the future to be hopeful about
38.I felt that life was meaningless.
39.I found myself getting agitated.
40.I was worried about situations in which I might panic and make a fool of myself
41.I experienced trembling (e.g. in the hands).
42.I found it difficult to work up the initiative to do things
Reference: Lovibond‚ S.H. & Lovibond‚ P.f. (1995). Manual for the Depression anxiety Stress Scales. (2nd Ed) Sydney: Psychology Foundation.