0= Did not apply to me at all
1= Applied to me to some degree or for some of time
2= Applied to me to consider degree or for a good part of time
3= Applied to me very much or most of the time
1. I found it hard to “wind down”.
2. I was aware of dryness of my mouth.
3. I couldn’t seem to experience any positive feeling at all.
4. I experience breathing difficulty (e.g. breathlessness or excessively rapid breathing in the absence of physical exertion).
5. I found it difficult to work up the initiative to do things.
6. I tended to over-react to situations.
7. I experienced trembling (e.g. in the hands).
8. I felt that I was using a lot of nervous energy.
9. I was worried about situation in which I might panic and make a fool of myself.
10.I felt that I had nothing to look forward to.
11.I found myself getting agitated.
12.I found it difficult to relax.
13.I felt down hearted and blue.
14.I was intolerant of anything that kept me from getting on with what I was doing.
15.I felt I was close to panic.
16.I was unable to become enthusiastic about anything.
17.I felt I wasn’t worth much as a person.
18.I felt that I was rather touchy.
19.I was aware of the action of my heart in the absence of physical exertion (e.g. sense of heart ‘missing a beat’).
20.I felt scared without any good reason.
21.I felt that life was meaningless.