Close Relationship Personality Test
- Read our consent form‚ which explains the benefits of this free‚ anonymous test‚ as well as your rights.
- There are no "right" or "wrong" answers‚ but note that you will not obtain meaningful results unless you answer the questions seriously.
- These results are being used in scientific research‚ so please try to give accurate answers.
- Your results will be displayed as soon as you submit your answers.
The following statements concern how you feel and act in romantic relationships. We are interested in how you generally experience relationships‚ not just what is happening in a current relationship. Respond to each statement by indicating how much you agree or disagree with it‚ using the following rating scale:
1. I'm afraid that I will lose my partner's love.
2. I am talkative with my partner.
3. I prefer not to show a partner how I feel deep down.
4. I tend to find fault with my partner.
5. I often worry that my partner will not want to stay with me.
6. I feel comfortable sharing my private thoughts and feelings with my partner.
7. I often feel depressed and blue about my relationships.
8. I often worry that my partner doesn't really love me.
9. I am reserved when with my partner.
10. I find it difficult to allow myself to depend on romantic partners.
11. I worry that romantic partners won’t care about me as much as I care about them.
12. I am helpful and unselfish with my partner.
13. I am very comfortable being close to romantic partners.
14. I am relaxed and handle stress about my relationships well.
15. I often wish that my partner's feelings for me were as strong as my feelings for him or her.
16. I don't feel comfortable opening up to romantic partners.
17. When I am with my partner‚ I am full of energy.
18. I worry a lot about my relationships.
19. I start quarrels with my partner.
20. I prefer not to be too close to romantic partners.
21. When my partner is out of sight‚ I worry that he or she might become interested in someone else.
22. I can be tense about my relationships.
23. I get uncomfortable when a romantic partner wants to be very close.
24. When I am with my partner‚ I generate a lot of enthusiasm.
25. When I show my feelings for romantic partners‚ I'm afraid they will not feel the same about me.
26. I find it relatively easy to get close to my partner.
27. I have a forgiving nature when it comes to my partner.
28. I rarely worry about my partner leaving me.
29. I tend to be quiet around my partner.
30. It's not difficult for me to get close to my partner.
31. My romantic partner makes me doubt myself.
32. I am generally trusting of my partner.
33. I usually discuss my problems and concerns with my partner.
34. I am emotionally stable and not easily upset about my relationships.
35. I do not often worry about being abandoned.
36. It helps to turn to my romantic partner in times of need.
37. I have an assertive personality with my partner.
38. I find that my partner(s) don't want to get as close as I would like.
39. I can be cold and aloof with my partner.
40. I tell my partner just about everything.
41. Sometimes romantic partners change their feelings about me for no apparent reason.
42. I can be moody about my relationships.
43. I talk things over with my partner.
44. I am sometimes shy and inhibited around my partner.
45. My desire to be very close sometimes scares people away.
46. I am nervous when partners get too close to me.
47. I am considerate and kind to my partner.
48. I'm afraid that once a romantic partner gets to know me‚ he or she won't like who I really am.
49. In my romantic relationships‚ I remain calm in tense situations.
50. I feel comfortable depending on romantic partners.
51. It makes me mad that I don't get the affection and support I need from my partner.
52. I am outgoing and sociable with my partner.
53. I find it easy to depend on romantic partners.
54. I am sometimes rude to my partner.
55. I worry that I won't measure up to other people.
56. It's easy for me to be affectionate with my partner.
57. I get nervous about my relationships easily.
58. My partner only seems to notice me when I’m angry.
59. I like to cooperate with my partner.
60. My partner really understands me and my needs.
Now take a minute to answer a few questions about how your partners feel and act in romantic relationships with you. Again‚ we are interested in your experiences with partners in general‚ not just what is happening in a current relationship. Use the same 7-point agreement scale as above.
1. My partner is talkative with me.
2. My partner tends to find fault with me.
3. My partner is often depressed and blue about our relationship.
4. My partner is reserved when with me.
5. My partner is helpful and unselfish with me.
6. My partner is relaxed and handles stress about our relationship well.
7. When my partner is with me‚ they are full of energy.
8. My partner starts quarrels with me.
9. My partner can be tense about our relationship.
10. When my partner is with me‚ they generate a lot of enthusiasm.
11. My partner has a forgiving nature when it comes to me.
12. My partner worries a lot about our relationship.
13. My partner tends to be quiet around me.
14. My partner is generally trusting of me.
15. My partner is emotionally stable and not easily upset about our relationship.
16. My partner has an assertive personality with me.
17. My partner can be cold and aloof with me.
18. My partner can be moody about our relationship.
19. My partner is sometimes shy and inhibited around me.
20. My partner is considerate and kind to me.
21. In our relationship‚ my partner remains calm in tense situations.
22. My partner is outgoing and sociable around me.
23. My partner is sometimes rude to me.
24. My partner gets nervous about our relationship easily.
25. My partner likes to cooperate with me.
Before submitting your responses‚ please help us improve this site by answering a few questions about yourself and your relationship history. These questions are entirely optional and will not affect your feedback.