Experience of Close Relationships Questionnaire Short VersionECR-R-18
A Short Version of the Revised ‘Experience of Close Relationships Questionnaire’: Investigating Non-Clinical and Clinical Samples
Tinakon Wongpakaran and Nahathai Wongpakaran (2012)
1. I prefer not to show a partner how I feel deep down.
2. I often worry that my partner doesn't really love me.
3. I feel comfortable sharing my private thoughts and feelings with my partner.
4. When my partner is out of sight‚ I worry that he or she might become interested in someone else.
5. I find it relatively easy to get close to my partner.
6. My romantic partner makes me doubt myself.
7. I usually discuss my problems and concerns with my partner.
8. I often worry that my partner will not want to stay with me.
9. I find it easy to depend on romantic partners.
10. I worry a lot about my relationships.
11. I tell my partner just about everything.
12. When I show my feelings for romantic partners‚ I'm afraid they will not feel the same about me
13. It's not difficult for me to get close to my partner.
14. Sometimes romantic partners change their feelings about me for no apparent reason.
15. I talk things over with my partner.
16. I worry that romantic partners won’t care about me as much as I care about them.
17. It helps to turn to my romantic partner in times of need.
18 I worry that I won't measure up to other people.
This instrument can be found on page 39 of “A Short Version of the Revised ‘Experience of Close Relationships Questionnaire’: Investigating Non-Clinical and Clinical Samples”‚ available online at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3367387/pdf/CPEMH-8-36.pdf
1=Strongly Disagree‚ 2=Disagree‚ 3=Slightly Disagree‚ 4=Neutral‚ 5=SlightlyAgree‚ 6=Agree‚ 7=Strongly Agree
Anxiety = 2‚ 4‚ 6‚ 8‚ 10‚ 12‚ 14‚ 16‚ and 18
Avoidance = 1‚ 3‚ 5‚ 7‚ 9‚ 11‚ 16‚ 15‚ and 17
Wongpakaran T1‚ Wongpakaran N. (2012). A Short Version of the Revised ‘Experience of Close Relationships Questionnaire’: Investigating Non-Clinical and Clinical Samples. Clinical Practice & Epidemiology in Mental Health ;8:36-42.