Experiences in Close Relationship Scale-Short Form ECR-12
Meifen Wei‚ Daniel W. Russell‚ and David L. Vogel (2007)
1. It helps to turn to my romantic partner in times of need.
2. I need a lot of reassurance that I am loved by my partner.
3. I want to get close to my partner‚ but I keep pulling back.
4. I find that my partner(s) don't want to get as close as I would like.
5. I turn to my partner for many things‚ including comfort and reassurance.
6. My desire to be very close sometimes scares people away.
7. I try to avoid getting too close to my partner.
8. I do not often worry about being abandoned.
9. I usually discuss my problems and concerns with my partner.
10. I get frustrated if romantic partners are not available when I need them.
11. I am nervous when partners get too close to me.
12. I worry that romantic partners won't care about me as much as I care about them.
This instrument can be found at: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~wei/homepage.html & http://www.public.iastate.edu/~wei/manuscript/short%20form%2004-07.pdf
1=Strongly Disagree‚ 2=Disagree‚ 3=Slightly Disagree‚ 4=Neutral‚ 5=SlightlyAgree‚ 6=Agree‚ 7=Strongly Agree
Anxiety = 2‚ 4‚ 6‚ 8 (reverse)‚ 10‚ 12
Avoidance = 1 (reverse)‚ 3‚ 5 (reverse)‚ 7‚ 9 (reverse)‚ 11
Wei‚ M.‚ Russell‚ D. W.‚ Mallinckrodt‚ B.‚ & Vogel‚ D. L. (2007). The experiences in Close Relationship Scale (ECR)-Short Form: Reliability‚ validity‚ and factor structure. Journal of Personality Assessment‚ 88‚ 187-204.