1. I seldom strike back‚ even if someone hits me first.
2. I sometimes spread gossip about people I don’t like.
3. Unless somebody asks me in a polite way‚ I won’t do what they want.
4. I lose my temper easily but get over it quickly.
5. I don’t seem to get what’s coming to me.
6. I know that people tend to talk about me behind my back.
7. When I disapprove of my friend’s behavior‚ I let them know it.
8. The few times I have cheated‚ I have feelings of remorse.
9. Once in a while I cannot control my urge to harm others.
10. I never get mad enough to throw things.
11. Sometimes people bother me just by being around.
12. When someone makes a rule I don’t like‚ I am tempted to break it.
13. Other people always seem to get the breaks.
14. I tend to be on guard with people who are somewhat more friendly than I expected.
15. I often find myself disagreeing with people.
16. I sometimes have bad thoughts which make me feel ashamed of myself.
17. I can think of no good reason for ever hitting someone.
18. When I am angry‚ I sometimes sulk.
19. When someone is bossy‚ I do the opposite of what he asks.
20. I am irritated a great deal more than other people are aware of.
21. I don’t know any people that I downright hate.
22. There are a number of people who seem to dislike me very much.
23. I can’t help getting into arguments when people disagree with me.
24. People who shuck on the job must feel very guilty.
25. If somebody hits me first‚ I let him have it.
26. When I am mad‚ I sometimes slam doors.
27. I am always patient with others.
28. Occasionally when I am mad at someone‚ I will give him the “silent treatment.”
29. When I look back on what’s happened to me‚ I can’t help feeling mildly resentful.
30. There a number of people who seem to be jealous of me.
31. I demand that people respect my rights.
32. It depresses me that I did not do more for my parents.
33. Whoever insults me or my family is asking for a punch in the nose.
34. I never play practical jokes.
35. It makes my blood boil to have somebody make fun of me.
36. When people are bossy‚ I take my time just to show them.
37. Almost every week‚ I see somebody I dislike.
38. I sometimes have the feeling that others are laughing at me.
39. Even when my anger is aroused‚ I don’t use strong language.
40. I am concerned about being forgiven for my sins.
41. People who continually pester you are asking for a “punch in the nose.”
42. I sometimes pout when I don’t get my way.
43. If someone annoys me‚ I am apt to tell him what I think of him.
44. I often feel like a powder keg ready to explode.
45. Although I don’t show it‚ I am sometimes eaten up with jealously.
46. My motto is “Never trust strangers.”
47. When people yell at me‚ I yell back.
48. I do many things that make roe feel remorseful later.
49. When I really lose my temper‚ I am capable of slapping.
50. Since the age of ten‚ I have never had a temper tantrum.
51. When I get mad‚ I say nasty things.
52. I sometimes carry a chip on my shoulder.
53. If I let people see the way I feel. I’d be considered a hard person to get along with.
54. I commonly wonder what hidden reason another person may have for doing something nice for me.
55. I could not put someone in his place‚ even if he needed it.
56. Failure gives me a feeling of remorse.
57. I get into fights about as often as the next person.
58. I can remember being so angry that I picked up the nearest thing and broke it.
59. I often make threats I don’t really mean to carry out.
60. I can’t help being a little rude to people I don’t like.
61. At times I feel I get a raw deal out of life.
62. I use to think that most people told the truth‚ but now I know otherwise.
63. I generally cover up my poor opinion of others.
64. When I do wrong‚ my conscience punishes me.
65. If I have to resort to physical violence to defend my rights‚ I will.
66. If someone doesn’t treat me right‚ I don’t let it annoy me.
67. I have no enemies who really wish to harm me.
68. When arguing‚ I tend to raise my voice.
69. I often feel that I have not lived the right kind of life.
70. I have known people who pushed me so far that we came to blows.
71. I don’t let a lot of unimportant things irritate me.
72. I seldom feel that people are trying to anger or insult me.
73. Lately‚ I have been kind of grouchy.
74. I would rather concede a point than get into an argument.
75. I sometimes show my anger by banging on the table.
Assault‚ indirect hostility‚ irritability‚ negativism‚ resentment‚ suspicion‚ verbal hostility and guilt
Buss‚ Arnold and Durke‚ Ann. (1957). An Inventory for Assessing Different Kinds of Hostility. Journal of Consulting Psychology‚ 21‚ 343-380.
Swang‚ John I. (1974)‚ The “AAA Syndrome”: Relationships Between Alienation‚ Anxiety and Aggression. University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. PhD Dissertation