1. In bringing up their children‚ parents must follow the traditions of their ancestors rather than follow their (parents) personal opinions.
2. If the children are told much about sex‚ they are likely to go too far in experimenting with it.
3. Some equality in marriage is a good thing but by and large the husband should have the final decisions‚ in family matters.
4. Woman who does not care to be submissive to her husband during married life‚ has not understood the meaning and duties of a wife.
5. Parents in providing comforts to their children‚ male children must be considered first and then female children.
6. A woman who engages herself in social activities cannot be expected to become a good wife.
7. It is better for a wife to vote for whatever her husband does because he knows more about such things.
8. A youth should not marry a girl whom he loves‚ if his father objects to it.
9. 9. The unmarried mother is morally a greater failure than the unmarried father.
10.It is the man rather than the women who should take part in outdoor sports and women should confine themselves to indoor games.
11.Women should not be more intelligent for their own good.
12.It is a disgrace to his manliness for a man who can’t go ahead in the world.
13.One of the worst problems in our society to*day would be “The introduction of divorce” because it mars the true value of marriage since marriage is something sacred.
14.Even today women live under unfair restrictions that should be removed immediately.
15.It does not seem quite right for a man to be visionary‚ dreaming should be left to women.
16.We will have to be very strickt towards young people to save our moral standards as the facts on crime and sexual immorality are more.
17.One must marry a woman who is less educated than himself‚ otherwise she will boss over him.
18.A wife has no right to question her husband about where he goes or why he came home late.
19.The future of the child must be planned by the father‚ and mother should not have any say in it.
20.She is the ideal wife who never disagrees with her husband in family matters.
21.It is the duty of the wife to serve food to her husband and children first and serve herself the remaining food in the last.
22.Parents should see that their children should mix with only those whom they approve.
23.Women have as much right as men to lead a reckless life.
24.Talking with a boy in privacy is something a-nice girl would not want to do.
25.Woman should not participate in men’s talks and keep herself confined to her homework (domestic).
26.A man can scarcely maintain respect for his girl‚ whom he is to marry‚ (fiance) if they have sexual relations before they are married.
27.In order to have a control over wives‚ men should be reserved in their expressions of love and affection towards their wives.
28.It is wise for men‚ not to take their wives to certain foreign movies; otherwise they learn many % ices from such pictures.
29.Women think less clearly than men and are more emotional.
30.Women should take active interest in politics and community problems as well as in their families.
31.One must consider the family as a sacred institution bestowed by God and must conform to the traditions of his family.
32.Smoking before elders should be discouraged as it indicates disrespectful attitude towards them.
33.It is right for each person to think that his family and caste are superior to any others.
34.The most important qualities of a real man are strength of will‚ assertiveness and driving ambition.
36.Women should not compete with men in business and professional work to display their superiority.
37.Boys rather than girls should be taughrito.be self-assertive and autonomous in their behaviour.
38.Woman should not be allowed to remarry‚ if her husband dies‚ as it brings down the valued womanhood.
39.No marriage should be conducted unless the couple is prepared to have children.
40.A good child is one who implicity obeys his parents and does not criticize their mistakes.
1= Strongly Disagree‚ 2= Moderately disagree‚ 3= Neutral‚ 4= Moderately agree‚ 5= Strongly agree
This instrument can be found at: http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/169166/16/16_backmatter.pdf
Muthayya‚ B. C. (1967). Traditional Family Ideology Scale. Agra Psychological Research Cell‚ Tiwari Kothl‚ Belanganj‚ Agra-282004