1. I handle myself well with respect to my health
2. No matter how hard I try‚ my health just doesn’t turn out the way I would like.
3. It is difficult for me to find effective solutions to the health problems that come my way.
4. I succeed in the projects I undertake to improve my health.
5. I’m generally able to accomplish my goals with respect to my health.
6. I find my efforts to change things I don’t like about my health are ineffective.
7. Typically‚ my plans for my health don’t work out well.
8. I am able to do things for my health as well as most other people.
(1) strongly Disagree to (6) strongly Agree
Smith‚ M. S.‚ Wallston‚ K. A.‚ & Smith‚ C. A. (1995). The development and validation of the Perceived Health Competence Scale. Health Education Research: Theory & Practice‚ 10(1)‚ 51–64.
Marks‚ G.R. and Lutgendorf‚ S.K. (1999) Perceived Health Competence and Personality Factors Differentially Predict Health Behaviors in Older Adults. Journal of Aging and Health‚ 11‚ 221-239.
Dempster‚ M. and Donnelly‚ M. (2008) Validity of the Perceived Health Competence Scale in a UK Primary Care Setting. Psychology‚ Health‚ and Medicine‚ 13‚ 123-127
Smith‚ Wallston‚ & Smith‚ (1995). Perceived Health Competence Scale .In: Simmons C. A.‚ Lehmann P. (eds). Tools for strengths-based assessment and evaluation‚ New York‚ NY: Springer‚ pp. 136-137. (2013). Google Scholar