People in General Scale
1. Most men will fight back when insulted.
2. Generally speaking‚ most people do not truly believe in anything new until they have experienced it.
3. Anyone who completely trusts anyone else is asking for trouble.
4. Generally speaking‚ men won't work hard unless they're forced to do so.
5. Even the most hardened and vicious criminal has a spark of decency somewhere within him.
6. Any normal person will stand up for what he thinks is right even if it costs him his job.
7. Most people really don't know what is best for them.
8. Some of the best people have some of the worst vices.
9. Most men forget more easily the death of their father than the loss of their property.
10.Men are quicker to praise than they are to blame.
11.Most men like to tackle new and difficult problems.
12.Most men are brave.
13.Nature has so created men that they desire everything but are unable to attain it.
14.The biggest difference between most criminals and other people is that criminals are stupid enough to get caught.
15.The best way to handle people is to tell them what they want to hear.
16.It is safest to assume that all people have a vicious streak and it will come out when they are given the chance.
17.Most people are basically good and kind.
18.Barnum was very wrong when he said that there's a sucker born every minute.
19.When you come right down to it‚ it's human nature never to do anything without an eye to one's own advantage.
20.The great majority of men are more satisfied with what seems true than with the truth.
--‚ -‚ 0‚ +‚ ++‚ ?
1 (very exploitative) and 5 (very non-exploitative)
Banta‚ T.J. (1961). Social attitudes and response styles. Educational and Psychological Measurement‚ 21‚ 543-557.
Robinson‚ John P.‚ Shaver‚ Phillip R. (1969). Measures of Political Attitudes. Institute for Social Research‚ University of Michigan/. Ann Arbor‚ Michigan