Faith in People Scale
1. Some people say that most people can be trusted. Others say you can’t be too careful in your dealings with people. How do you feel about it?
_____ Most people can be trusted.
_____ You can’t be too careful.
2. Would you say that most people are more inclined to help others‚ or more inclined to look out f o r themselves?
_____ To help others.
_____ To look out for themselves.
3. If you don’t watch yourself‚ people will take advantage of you.
4. No one is going to care much what happens to you‚ when you get right down to it.
5. Human nature is fundamentally cooperative.
trustworthiness‚ honesty‚ goodness‚ generosity‚ and brotherliness
Rosenberg‚ M. (1956). Misanthropy and political ideology. American Sociological Review‚ 21(6)‚ 690-695.
Rosenberg‚ M. (1957). Occupations and values. Glencoe‚ Illinois: Free Press‚ 25-35.
Robinson‚ John P.‚ Shaver‚ Phillip R. (1969). Measures of Political Attitudes. Institute for Social Research‚ University of Michigan/. Ann Arbor‚ Michigan