1. My child gets on my nerves.
2. I get along well with my child
3. I feel that I can really trust my child
4. I dislike my child.
5. My child is well behaved.
6. My child is too demanding.
7. I wish I did not have this child
8. I really enjoy my child.
9. I have a hard time controlling my child.
10. My child interferes with my activities
11. I resent my child.
12. I think my child is terrific.
13. I hate my child.
14. I am very patient with my child.
15. I really like my child.
16. I like being with my child.
17. I feel I do not love my child.
18. My child is irritating.
19. I feel very angry towards my child.
20. I feel violent towards my child.
21. I feel very proud of my child.
22. I wish my child was more like others I know.
23. I just do not understand my child.
24. My child is a real joy to me.
25. I feel ashamed of my child.
1= None of the time‚ 2= Very rarely‚ 3= A little of the time‚ 4= Some of the time‚ 5= A good part of the time‚ 6= Most of the time‚ 7= All of the time
Reverse score item 2‚ 3‚ 5‚ 8‚ 12‚ 14‚ 15‚ 16‚ 21‚ and 24
Hudson‚ W. W.‚ Wung‚ B.‚ & Borges‚ M. (1980). Parent-child relationship disorders: The parent's point of view. Journal of Social Service Research‚ 3‚ 283-294. Google Scholar‚ Crossref
Hudson W. The WALMYR assessment scales scoring manual. WALMYR Publishing Company; Tallahassee‚ FL: 1992. Index of parental attitudes.
Hudson‚ W. W. (1997). Index of Parental Attitudes (IPA). In Fischer‚ Joel.‚ Corcoran‚ Kevin J. (2007 ). Measures for Clinical Practice and research: A sourcebook. (4th ed.). NY. Oxford University Pr. Vol. 1‚ Page (s): 353-354.