Leary‚ Patton‚ Orlando‚ & Funk‚ 2000
1. Sometimes I am afraid I will be discovered for who I really am.
2. I tend to feel like a phony.
3. I'm afraid people important to me may find out that I'm not as capable as they think I am.
4. In some situations I feel like an imposter.
5. Sometimes I’m afraid others will discover how much knowledge or ability I really lack.
6. In some situations I feel like a "great pretender"; that is‚ I'm not as genuine as others think I am.
7. In some situations I act like an imposter.
1 = Not at all characteristic of me.
2 = Slightly characteristic of me.
3 = Moderately characteristic of me.
4 = Very characteristic of me.
5 = Extremely characteristic of me.
This instrument can be found at: http://people.duke.edu/charleary/scales.html
Leary‚ M. R.‚ Patton‚ K.‚ Orlando‚ A.‚ & Funk‚ W. W. (2000). The impostor phenomenon: Self-perceptions‚ reflected appraisals‚ and interpersonal strategies. Journal of Personality‚ 68‚ 725-756.