1. I often feel nervous even in casual get-togethers.
2. I usually feel comfortable when I'm in a group of people I don't know.
3. I am usually at ease when speaking to a member of the other sex.
4. I get nervous when I must talk to a teacher or a boss.
5. Parties often make me feel anxious and uncomfortable.
6. I am probably less shy in social interactions than most people.
7. I sometimes feel tense when talking to people of my own sex if I don't know them very well.
8. I would be nervous if I was being interviewed for a job.
9. I wish I had more confidence in social situations.
10.I seldom feel anxious in social situations.
11.In general‚ I am a shy person.
12.I often feel nervous when talking to an attractive member of the opposite sex.
13.I often feel nervous when calling someone I don't know very well on the telephone.
15.I usually feel relaxed around other people‚ even people who are quite different from me.
1 = Not at all characteristic of me.
2 = Slightly characteristic of me.
3 = Moderately characteristic of me.
4 = Very characteristic of me.
5 = Extremely characteristic of me.
This instrument can be found at: http://people.duke.edu/charleary/scales.html
Leary‚ R.M. & Kowalski‚ N.R. (1995). Social Anxiety. New York: The Guilford Press.