1. Young people sometimes get rebellious ideas‚ but as they grow up they ought to get over them.
2. The solution to almost any human problem should be based on the situation at the time‚ not on some genera l idea of right or wrong.
3. A group of people that are nearly equal will work a lot better than one where people have bosses and ranks over one another.
4. We should all admire a man who starts out bravely on his own.
5. You have to respect authority and when you stop respecting authority‚ your situation isn't worth much.
6. Do what you want to do that's fun and worry about the future later.
7. Everyone should have an equal chance and an equal say in most things.
8. In life a person should for the most part "go it alone‚" working on his own and trying to make his own life.
9. Obedience and respect for authority are the most important things in character that children should learn.
10.Since no values last forever‚ the only real values are those that fit the needs of right now.
11.Everyone should have what he needs‚ the important things we have belong to all of us.
12.One should not depend on other persons or things‚ the center of life should be found inside oneself.
acceptance of authority‚ need determined expression vs. value-determined restraint‚ egalitarianism‚ and individualism
1 (strongly agree) to 5 ( strongly disagree)
acceptance of authority 91‚ 5‚ 9)‚ need determined expression vs. value-determined restraint (2‚ 6 ‚10)‚ egalitarianism (3‚ 7‚ 11)‚ and individualism (4‚ 8‚ 12)