1. You get an “A” on a test.
A. I am smart.
B. I am good in the subject that the test was in.
2. Some kids that you know say that they do not like you.
A. Once in a while people are mean to me.
B. Once in a while I am mean to other people.
3. A good friend tells you that he hates you.
A. My friend was in a bad mood that day.
B. I wasn’t nice to my friend that day.
4. A person steals money from you.
A That person is not honest.
B. Many people are not honest.
5. Your parents tell you that something that you make is very good.
A. I am good at making some things.
B. My parents like some things I make.
6. You break a glass.
A. I am not careful enough.
B. Sometimes I am not careful enough.
7. You do a project with a group of kids and it turns out badly.
A. I don’t work well with the people in that particular group.
B. I never work well with groups.
8. You make a new friend.
A. I am a nice person.
B. The people that I meet are nice.
9. You have been getting along well with your family.
A. I am usually easy to get along with when I am with my family.
B. Once in a while I am easy to get along with when I am with my family.
10. You get a bad grade in school.
A. I am not a good student.
B. Teachers give hard tests.
11. You walk into a door and you get a bloody nose.
A. I wasn’t looking where I was going.
B. I have been careless lately.
12. You have a messy room.
A. I did not clean my room that day.
B. I usually do not clean my room.
13. Your mother makes you your favorite dinner.
A. There are a few things that my mother will do to please me.
B. My mother usually likes to please me.
14. A team that you are on loses a game‚
A. The team members don’t help each other when they play together.
B. That day the team members didn’t help each other.
15. You do not get your chores done at home.
A. I was lazy that day.
B. Many days I am lazy.
16. You go to an amusement park and you have a good time.
A. I usually enjoy myself at amusement parks.
B. I usually enjoy myself in many activities.
17. You go to a friend’s party and you have fun.
A. Your friend usually gives good parties.
B. Your friend gave a good party that day.
18. You have a substitute teacher and she likes you.
A. I was well behaved during class that day.
B. I am almost always well behaved during class.
19. You make your friends happy.
A. I am usually a fun person to be with.
B. Sometimes I am a fun person to be with.
20. You put a hard puzzle together.
A. I am good at putting puzzles together.
B. I am good at doing many things.
21. You try out for a sports team and do not make it.
A. I am not good at sports.
B. The other kids who tried out are very good at sports.
22. You fail a test.
A. All tests are hard.
B. Only some tests are hard.
23. You hit a home run in a ball game.
A. I swung the bat just right.
B. The pitcher threw an easy pitch.
24. You do the best in your class on a paper.
A. The other kids in my class did not work hard on their papers.
B. I worked hard on the paper.
Positive events: 5A‚ 8A‚ 23A‚ and 24B; Stability: 9A‚ 17A‚ 18B‚ and 19A; globality: 1A‚ 13B‚ 16B‚ and 20B;
Negative events: 2B‚ 3B‚ 10A‚ and 21A; Stability: 6A‚ 12B‚ 14A‚ and 15B; globality: 4B‚ 7B‚ 11B‚ and 22B
This instrument can be found at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/232557413& Fischer‚ Joel.‚ Corcoran‚ Kevin J. (2007). Measures for Clinical Practice and research: A sourcebook. (4th ed.). NY. Oxford University Pr. Vol. 1‚ Page (s): 467-470.
Thompson‚ M.‚ Kaslow‚ N.J.‚ Weiss‚ B.‚ Nolen-Hoeksema‚ S. (1998). Children’s Attributional Style Questionnaire-Revised. Psychological Assessment 10(2):166-170
Thompson‚ M.‚ Kaslow‚ N.J.‚ Weiss‚ B.‚ Nolen-Hoeksema‚ S. (1998). Children’s Attributional Style Questionnaire (CASQ-R). In Fischer‚ Joel.‚ Corcoran‚ Kevin J. (2007). Measures for Clinical Practice and research: A sourcebook. (4th ed.). NY. Oxford University Pr. Vol. 1‚ Page (s): 467-470.