1. I get all the necessary co-operation from my friends at school/college.
2. We friends study together.
3. I am on intimate terms with more than one person.
4. Though I am the youngest in the family‚ I get the necessary freedom.
5. I am somewhat of a timid temperament.
6. I do not like teachers to be made fun of in the classroom.
7. I always try to meet important people at public functions.
8. I do not wish to change my school/college.
9. I do not think that I have disappointed my parents.
10. I have a very large friend circle.
11. I want to have friends.
12. I get my difficulties solved by my teachers or other people.
13. I prefer to have a few selective intimate-friends to many acquaintances.
14. My parents do not criticize my personality.
15. I am not very sensitive.
16. I suffer from stomach-ache.
17. It makes me sad not to have a mother.
18. Most of our teachers are good.
19. I can talk what I want to without hesitation in the presence of people.
20. I can tell my difficulties to my parents freely.
21. I become restless while studying.
23. I have very honest friends.
24. I do not find it difficult to continue conversation with anyone.
25. I want special help to get a part-time job.
26. I cannot mix with others.
27. I am always worried about something.
28. My teachers hate me.
29. I find it difficult to go and sit in the hall after the programme or meeting has begun.
30. Sometimes I participate in any movement or programme without thinking.
31. We have all the facilities for extra-curricular activities in our school/college.
32. I feel shy to seek help from leaders.
33. I perspire excessively.
34. I am not afraid of the atmosphere in our school/college.
35. People feel that I have gone astray because of bad company.
36. I am capable of solving my own difficulties.
37. I want information about various post-graduate professions.
38. I feel that 1 do not have enough knowledge about etiquettes.
39. I do not worry about the future of my family.
40. I find it difficult to present report at a meeting.
41. I often feel frightened without any reason.
42. I do not get a conducive atmosphere to study in the college.
43. I never tell a lie to others for my own benefit.
44. I find it difficult to present my own thoughts properly.
45. I do not know in which subject I am interested.
46. I do not have new types of things at home.
47. Sometimes I have uncontrollable fits of laughter and crying.
48. I feel that I have not chosen the right college.
49. I cannot start a conversation with a complete stranger.
50. I am afraid of being separated from the person whom I love.
51. I do not know how time passes while I am engrossed in difficult activities.
52. I rarely need medical help.
53. I feel guilty after doing a bad deed.
54. I cannot recall an answer to a question in an examination though I might know it.
55. I find it difficult to participate in social functions with friends of the opposite sex.
56. I think that 1 have adequate intelligence.
57. I do not think that the rules of our institution are unnecessary or impractical.
58. If I have simple food when on a picnic‚ I feel shy to share it with others.
59. I am satisfied.
60. All the boys and girls in our school /college are very friendly with each other.
61. I cannot stay away from my family.
62. I can give sufficient time for my studies.
63. I do not get easily dismooded from the work I plan to do.
64. I voluntarily participate in drama‚ communal songs‚ etc.
65. I am not afraid of examinations.
66. I feel that in the face of difficulties it is best to hold peace.
67. I often suffer from indigestion.
68. I do not fear wars‚ earthquakes‚ famines etc.
69. I do not like to bunk my school/college.
70. I do not find it difficult to mix with people of the opposite sex.
71. I am always under severe mental tension.
72. The other students always tease me.
73. My parents are able to understand me.
74. I always feel small because of my personality.
75. My teachers understand my difficulties in matters other than studies.
76. I am fond of everyone at home.
77. I think I am successful in my life.
78. I want appropriate help in choosing subjects for further studies.
79. I quarrel with my brothers and sisters.
80. I wish I had never been born.
81. I find it difficult to go to school/college because of the irregularity of the buses.
82. My sleep is disturbed by the slightest sound.
83. I do not think that I am inferior to others.
84. I take the lead in some of the activities in school/college.
85. I have many social responsibilities.
86. I do not find it difficult to speak to boys/girls.
87. I have all the information about the library.
88. I do not have unreasonable fear of darkness‚ high places‚ cockroahes etc.
89. All my classmates are good.
90. I can concentrate.
91. I feel shy to leave a programme in progress.
92. I want information about different professions after S.S.C.
93. I can talk freely with others.
94. I would like to know which occupation would suit me best.
95. I always lose my things.
96. I have worked as a leader in many meetings and committees.
97. I always feel that 1 am dominated by my parents.
98. I am eager to get more information about veneral diseases.
99. I have a friendly and cordial relationship with my friends.
100. I do not think that marriage is an unnecessary burden.
101. My teacher criticizes me very much or points out my faults.
102. I always try to bring life into a boring programme.
103. I am generally happy.
104. I do not like sports or games.
105. I am afraid of failing.
106. I want some advice regarding the selection of a college.
107. I want some information regarding the preparation for an interview.
108. I am not afraid of accidents.
109. Sometimes I experience difficulty while breathing.
110. My neighbors (boys and girls) take me with them for a walk.
111. I think that my family life is as happy as that of my friends.
112. I do not worry about my future.
113. I talk about the social and political environment with my friends.
114. I have good relations with almost all my classmates.
115. I want to stop worrying.
116. Hike to shoulder responsibility as a leader.
117. Sometimes I tease or trouble other students.
118. I can talk freely about my difficulties with my friends.
119. I am not at all afraid of a new situation.
120. I am not troubled even if the text books change often.
121. I worry about whether my married life would be happy or not.
122. I want to know the proper method of answering questions in the examination.
123. I get more pleasure in doing difficult things than simple ones.
124. The students and teachers in my school/college respect each other.
125. I like to talk to others.
126. I avoid participating in social programmes due to lack of good clothes.
127. I always concentrate on my studies.
128. I have no worry about my future.
129. I think that many of the existing subjects are not job oriented.
130. I have to face many difficulties because of an unfavourable family environment.
131. I cannot tolerate others’ opinions and beliefs.
132. I dislike unnecessary restrictions to come in the way of friendship with the opposite sex.
133. I feel like committing murder.
134. We have all educational facilities in our school/college.
135. I am free to use the radio at home.
136. I am disgusted with my continuous illness.
137. My parents are not suspicious.
138. I have to tolerate inconveniences because I did not get a room in the hostel.
139. I do not find it difficult to control my sexual feelings.
140. I am worried about my parents’ health.
141. I am often inattentive at school/college.
142. I do not like to be dominated by girls.
143. Sometimes I am emotionally disturbed without my reason.
144. Every now and then I suffer from tonsils or other throat troubles.
145. I do not get disappointed very easily.
146. Other students have some misunderstandings regarding me.
147. I generally attract everyone’s attention during a programme.
148. I take decisions very quickly.
149. My digestive system is very good.
150. My parents are always confused.
152. I want to take an aptitude test.
153. I express my regrets without hesitation when I make mistakes.
154. I try to bring about a compromise if there is a quarrel between friends.
155. I feel frightened when I am alone.
156. The results of my examination are always satisfactory /good.
157. Sometimes I have inexpressible thoughts.
158. I like to take the initiative in talking to a newly introduced person.
159. I have some difficulties which prevent me from experiencing the pleasures of student life.
160. There are constant complaints and trouble at home.
161. I have self-confidence.
162. I always get sound sleep.
163. I am not worried about old age.
164. I do not have high blood pressure. ‚
165. I avoid meeting acquaintances in the street.
166. Sometimes I feel like resisting the elders.
168. I have very cordial and affectionate relationship with my brothers and sisters.
169. I cry very easily.
170. I rarely get a headache.
171. I do not like some teachers.
172. I feel that my work gets the deserved admiration.
173. I am proud of my father’s profession.
174. My friends do not have morality.
175. I do not lose my confidence while competing with others.
176. I worry about my friends.
177. I participate enthusiastically in most of the activities of my school/college.
178. I do not hesitate to ask anything of the elders.
179. Competition necessarily includes losing or winning.
180. I have a permanent disease or defect.
181. The financial difficulties of my family make me sad.
182. I do not think that my physical handicap has arrested my progress.
183. I get sufficient nutritious diet.
184. I do not have differences of opinion on domestic matters with others.
185. I rarely think that anyone will attack me.
186. I like friends of my own sex.
187. I have to face many difficulties in my student life because of my poor financial condition.
188. If I behave awkwardly in the presence of others‚ it keeps pricking me for a long time.
189. I have kidney trouble.
190. My teachers have misunderstandings regarding me.
191. I feel like running away from my house.
192. I am not afraid of my father.
193. I move around freely with my friends.
194. I am not very much worried about the successful competition of an academic year.
195. I feel that I am a dull student.
196. I always catch cold.
197. I do not feel bad because I am short.
198. I love to see plays and films.
199. Many times I feel that my parents are unable to understand me.
200. I feel shy while talking to a crowd.
201. I need change of weather for my health.
202. I am confident of making a lot of progress in my education.
203. I suspect that someone is conspiring against me.
204. I do not hesitate to make suitable criticism of others in a discussion.
205. I do not have the permission to argue with my parents.
206. I am generally in a happy mood.
207. I rarely feel giddy.
208. I want to befriend the people of the opposite sex.
209. My friendship lasts long.
210. I want to know whether I should continue my education or not.
211. My family atmosphere is conducive to develop my personality.
212. I have never thought of committing suicide.
213. I am strong and healthy.
214. I am engaged to the person I love‚
215. I do not like to be criticized by others.
216. I mostly sit on the last bench in school/college.
217. I can easily make a speech at meetings.
218. I do not envy other’s happiness and prosperity.
219. I feel very tired in the evening.
220. I befriend others very quickly.
221. I am not afraid of failure.
222. I feel suffocated in the school/college atmosphere.
223. I feel like running away from home.
224. I am very careless.
225. I get fatigued even as I sit in the class room.
226. I am not afraid of talking to the elders.
227. My friends do not have etiquettes.
228. I do not have any serious illness.
229. My feelings get hurt very quickly.
230. I feel I should have a different type of family.
231. I am proud of my strong health.
232. No one can compel me to behave against my will.
233. We have many differences of opinion in our family.
234.I cannot learn fast.
235. I have no doubts about my capacity of getting success.
236. I do not find it difficult to move around wearing different types of clothes at a function or in a group.
237. I have a good appetite.
238. I want to become more aggressive.
239. I do not have any facility for reading at home.
240. I do not like social restrictions.
241. I do not like to do a job.
242. When my parents allow me to go for a movie or a play my grandparents do not come in my way.
243. On the whole‚ I am lucky.
244. Not having a father makes me sad.
245. I like educational programmes in my school/college.
246. I always express my personal feelings to others.
247. I do not feel like participating in debate after being defeated in one.
248. I intermittently suffer from diarrohea.
250. My attention wanders when my teachers teach.
251. Some unrelated ideas break my chain of thought.
252. I often fumble when I do not get the right word while conversing.
253. Sometimes my father does not agree with my idea-my mother does.
254. An unwanted thought keeps recurring.
255. The teachers in our institution behave amiably with the students.
256. I suffer from gases (dyspepsia).
257. Sometimes I have a feeling of helplessness.
258. My parents do not agree with my programmes.
259. I find it difficult to ask permission to leave a group.
260. I do not lose hope very quickly.
261. My mind always wanders.
262. My parents are always ill.
263. The pain due to the swelling of the ankle troubles me.
264. I am not afraid of others’ criticisms.
265. I sometimes think that teachers teach false‚ useless or incomprehensible things.
266. I participate prominently in meetings and demonstrations.
267. My eyesight is good.
268. I can get along very easily with friends of different temperaments.
269. My voice is fairly good.
270. I have to borrow money because of the college expenses.
271. We rarely quarrel at home.
272. I have sympathy for others.
273. I cannot pronounce certain words properly.
274. My parents love me.
275. I become more alert when my capacity is being tested.
276. I think that the discipline in my school/college is not correct.
277. When people whisper‚ I think they talk about me.
278. My memory is good.
279. I become frightened at an examination or a competition.
280. I think that I am fully developed sexually.
281. I participate with a liking in social activities.
282. I am not aware of different types of enjoyments.
283. On the whole I like the present educational system.
284. My patents do not have unnecessary arguments about my studies.
285. I do not like fat people.
286. No one trusts me at home.
287. I feel fresh when I get up in the morning.
288. I find it difficult to attend the morning lectures as I have to come from a distance.
289. I like playing a prominent part in the social programmes.
290. I often feel that it would have been better‚ had I been a member of the opposite sex.
291. I am generally enthusiastic.
292. I feel no one is fond of me.
293. I generally do not remain absent from lectures at school/college.
294. I frequently feel nauseated.
295. I like to help doing marriages or other ceremonial functions at friends’ or relative’ houses.
296. I always feel bad when I cannot complete the work I plan to.
297. I like to live alone.
298. I want to have information regarding the special education needed for different occupations.
299. I can get the social atmosphere and freedom that I desire at my residence.
300. I always quarrel over small matters.
301. I am not worried whether or not I can appear for the degree examination for want of money.
302. The financial condition of my family is fairly good.
303. My feelings about others are somewhat certain.
304. I am unable to keep on talking to a newly introduced person.
306. I can participate freely in the conversation going on around me.
307. I am in need of more money to take better care of my health.
308. I worry whether or not others comprehend my thoughts.
309. My parents allow me to go to the cinema.
310. I worry about the examination.
311. I know how to behave in particular situations.
312. I have heart trouble.
313. I do social work in my spare time.
314. I get sound sleep at night.
315. I think I have appropriate study habits.
316. My parents do not neglect me.
317. I often feel depressed.
318. I think I am perfectly fit.
319. I do not like to have religious or caste prejudices.
320. I like fashionable people.
321. I keep doing some responsible work at school/college.
322. I have to stay with my relatives.
323. I do not think I am worthless.
324. My weight is proportionate to my age and height.
325. I frequently change friends.
326. I am afraid of love‚ courtship and friendship.
327. My friends’ circle‚ though large‚ does not interfere with my studies.
328. I am free to present my opinions and behave according to them though my parents are orthodox.
329. It seems that no one can understand me.
330. I think that my health is satisfactory.
331. I avoid the occasions of introducing people during programmes.
332. I think I am superior to others.
333. I think my school/college marks are satisfactory.
334. I do not worry about my parents’ failure.
335. I spend most of my time thinking of sex.
336. I take the lead in social programmes.
337. I think I do not get the desired freedom at home.
338. I fear that someone will attack me.
339. I cannot understand the lectures. .
340. I am afraid of participating in debates without preparation.
341. The atmosphere at home is disturbed because of the death of an important person in the family.
342. I am not given to worrying or lamenting over trifle matters.
343. Some of the teachers have an attitude of partiality.
344. I cannot face a group of people.
345. I am not afraid of my people.
346. I still remember the hardships and sorrows of my childhood.
347. I am completely engrossed in intellectual work.
348. My parents do not criticize my behavior by quoting examples of other friends‚ brothers and sisters.
349. I have to often regret my actions.
350. I am sometimes troubled by asthama.
351. I dislike certain subjects.
352. I like talking to others.
353. I discuss important topics with my teachers.
354. I want to become famous in the society.
355. I feel lonely despite people being around me.
356. Most of the time I stutter while answering orally in the class.
357. I always feel that my brothers and I get all we desire
358. I have nightmares every few days.
359. I play all kinds of games.
360. I am regular about the homework given by my teachers.
361. My parents are very strict.
362. I have to tolerate difficulties because of lack of independence.
363. I do not participate in competitions because of fear of failure.
364. I like my school/college.
366. I think I am pitiable.
367. We have many quarrels at home.
368. I want to have information about extra-curricular activities.
369. My parents worry when I fail.
370. My friends are always ready to co-operate with me.
371. I frequently feel that I will meet with an accident.
372. The atmosphere at home is peaceful and content.
373. Though I have high ambitions‚ I am not much interested in studies.
374. I am always enthusiastic and happy.
375. Sometimes‚ I am afraid of even the most harmless objects.
Home and family adjustment‚ Social adjustment‚ Personal and emotional adjustment‚ Educational adjustment‚ Health adjustment
This instrument can be found online at: http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/3838/17/17_appendices.pdf