Wong and Law Emotional Intelligence Scale (WLEIS)
Wong & Law‚ 2002
1. I have a good sense of why I have certain feelings most of the time.
2. I have good understanding of my own emotions.
3. I really understand what I feel.
4. I always know whether or not I am happy.
5. I always know my friends emotions from their behaviour.
6. I am a good observer of others emotions.
7. I am sensitive to the feelings and emotions of others.
8. I have good understanding of the emotions of people around me.
9. I always set goals for myself and then try my best to achieve them.
10.I always tell myself I am a competent person.
11.I am a self-motivated person.
12.I would always encourage myself to try my best.
13.I am able to control my temper and handle difficulties rationally.
14.I am quite capable of controlling my own emotions.
15.I can always calm down quickly when I am very angry.
16.I have good control of my own emotions.
Self-emotion appraisal (SEA)‚ others emotion appraisal (OEA)‚ use of emotion (UOE)‚ and regulation of emotion (ROE).
Wong & Law (2002) reported that the four facets had an internal reliability range of .76-.89.
1 (totally disagree) to 5 (totally agree)
Wong‚ C.‚ & Law‚ K. (2002). The effects of leader and follower emotional intelligence on performance and attitude: An exploratory study. The Leadership Quarterly‚ 13‚ 243 – 274.
Wong‚ C.S.‚ and K.S. Law. (2002). “Development of an Emotional Intelligence Instrument and an Investigation of its Relationship with Leader and Follower Performance and Attitudes. The Leadership Quarterly‚ 13‚ 243-274.
Wong‚ C.S.‚ Law‚ K.S.‚ & Wong‚ P.M. (2004). Development and validation of a forced choice emotional intelligence for Chinese respondents in Hong Kong. Asia Pacific Journal of Management.
Wong‚ C.S.‚ Wong‚ P.M.‚ & Law‚ K.S. (2004). The interaction effect of emotional intelligence and emotional labor on job satisfaction: A test of Holland’s classification of occupations. In Härtel‚ C. E. J.‚ Zerbe‚ W. J. & Ashkanasy‚ N. M. (Eds.) (Forthcoming‚ 2004). Emotions in Organizational Behavior. Mahwah‚ NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates‚ Inc.
Condon. Ryan J.‚ (2011). The Relationship between Self-Awareness and Leadership: Extending Measurement and Conceptualisation. University of Canterbury. master of Science Thesis.