Cheryl L. Holt (2001)
The Spiritual Health Locus of Control Scale (revised)
For these statements‚ I would like you to tell me if you strongly agree‚ agree‚ neither‚ disagree‚ or strongly disagree.
Please listen carefully to each statement because you may agree with some but disagree with others.
1. Through my faith in God‚ I can stay healthy.
2. If I lead a good spiritual life‚ I will stay healthy.
3. If I stay healthy‚ it’s because I am right with God.
4. Living the way the Lord says I’m supposed to live means I have to take care of myself.
5. Even though I trust God will take care of me‚ I still need to take care of myself.
6. God gives me the strength to take care of myself.
7. I rely on God to keep me in good health.
8. God works through doctors to heal us.
9. Prayer is the most important thing I do to stay healthy.
10. If I stay well‚ it is because of the grace of the good Lord.
11. It’s ok not to seek medical attention because
12. I feel that God will heal me.
13. There is no point in taking care of myself when it’s all up to God anyway.
14. God and I share responsibility for my health.
Active spiritual: 4 + 5 + 6 + 14 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10
Passive spiritual: 12+ 13
The revised Spiritual Health Locus of Control Scale‚ as provided in an email correspondence.