1. I feel comfortable with the way I appear to others.
2. I feel nervous when having my picture taken.
3. I get tense when it is obvious people are looking at me.
4. I am concerned people would not like me because of the way I look.
5. I worry that others talk about flaws in my appearance when I am not around.
6. I am concerned people will find me unappealing because of my appearance.
7. I am afraid that people find me unattractive.
8. I worry that my appearance will make life more difficult for me.
9. I am concerned that I have missed out on opportunities because of my appearance.
10. I get nervous when talking to people because of the way I look.
11. I feel anxious when other people say something about my appearance.
12. I am frequently afraid I would not meet others’ standards of how I should look.
13. I worry people will judge the way I look negatively.
14. I am uncomfortable when I think others are noticing flaws in my appearance.
15. I worry that a romantic partner will/would leave me because of my appearance.
16. I am concerned that people think I am not good looking.
This instrument can be found on page 53 of “Development and Examinationof the Social Appearance Anxiety Scale”‚ available online at: http://www.personal.kent.edu/chardfresco/Fresco_Papers/Hart_et_al_2008_Assessment.pdf
1 (not at all) to 5 (extremely)
Item 1 is reverse-coded.
Hart‚ Trevor A.‚ Flora‚ David B.‚ Palyo‚ Sarah A.‚ Fresco‚ David M.‚ Holle‚ Christian and Heimberg‚ Richard G .(2008). Development and Examination of the Social Appearance Anxiety Scale .Assessment‚ Volume 15(1)‚ 48-59