Self-reported participant role scale
Pozzoli‚ Gini & Vieno‚ 2012
1. I hit or push some of my classmates
2. I offend or give nasty nicknames to some of my classmates
3. I exclude some classmates from the group and I spread rumours about them when they don't hear
4. I defend the classmates who are hit or attacked hard
5. I try to help or comfort classmates who are isolated or excluded from the group
6. If someone teases or threatens a classmate I try to stop him/her
7. If a classmate is hit or threatened‚ I do nothing and I don't meddle
8. When a classmate is hit or pushed I stand by and mind my own business
9. If I know that someone is excluded or isolated from the group I act as if nothing has happened
10.I am attacked hard hit or pushed by some classmates
11.Some classmates give me nasty nicknames or offend me
12.I know that someone spreads nasty rumours about me when I can't hear
Type of bullying (physical‚ verbal‚ relational)‚ defending‚ passive bystanding‚
Internal consistency of the scales was measured through composite reliability (CR). For each participant‚ bullying (CR=0.76)‚ defending (CR=0.75) and passive bystanding (CR=0.76) scores were computed by averaging their answers in the three items of each subscale of the questionnaire (Pozzoli‚ & Gini. 2010)
The Cronbach Alpha score for the bully subscale was .62‚ the defender was .81‚ passive bystander was .67 and the victim was .67 (kane‚ 2015)
Never‚ Sometimes‚ Often‚ Almost Always
Goossens‚ F. A.‚ Olthof‚ T.‚ & Dekker‚ P. H. (2006). New participant role scales: Comparison between various criteria for assigning roles and indications for their validity. Aggressive Behavior‚ 32‚ 343–357
Pozzoli‚ T.‚ & Gini‚ G. (2010). Active defending and passive bystanding behaviour in bullying. The role of personal characteristics and perceived peer pressure. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology‚ 38‚ 815-827.
Pozzoli‚ T.‚ Gini‚ G.‚ & Vieno‚ A. (2012). The role of individual correlates and class norms in defending and passive bystanding behaviour in bullying. A multilevel analysis. Journal of Child Development‚ 83‚ (6)‚ 1917-1931.
Kane‚ Michelle. (2015). The Relationship Between Self-Efficacy‚ Empathy and Personal Responsibility On Bullying Participant Roles. Dublin Business School‚ School of Arts. BA (Hons) in Psychology.