1. I am not willing to take risks when choosing a job or a company to work for.
2. I prefer a low risk/high security job with a steady salary over a job that offers high risks and high rewards.
3. I prefer to remain on a job that has problems that I know about rather than take the risks of working at a new job that has unknown problems even if the new job offers greater rewards.
4. I view risk of a job as a situation to be avoided at all costs.
5. I like (or would like) to play the lottery. (-)
6. I always play it safe‚ even if it means occasionally losing out on a good opportunity.
7. I am a cautious person who generally avoids risks.
8. I generally hold out for the best price on something‚ even if it means waiting a long time.
1=Strongly disagree‚ 2=Disagree‚ 3=Neutral‚ 4=Agree‚ 5=Strongly agree
This instrument can be found at: http://www.timothy-judge.com/risk.htm
Slovic‚ P. (1972). Information processing‚ situation specificity and the generality of risk taking behavior. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology‚ 22‚ 128-134
Cable‚ D. M.‚ & Judge‚ T. A. (1994). Pay preferences and job search decisions: A person-organization fit perspective. Personnel Psychology‚ 47‚ 317-348.
Judge‚ T. A.‚ Thoresen‚ C. J.‚ Pucik‚ V.‚ & Welbourne‚ T. M. (1999). Managerial coping with organizational change: A dispositional perspective. Journal of Applied Psychology‚ 84‚ 107-122.