1. I am a quick thinker.
2. When I do a job‚ I do it well.
3. I am usually alert.
4. When I make plans ahead‚ I usually get to carry out things the way I expected.
5. I am good at remembering things.
6. As a husband‚ I do a good job these days.
7. I feel the future looks bright.
8. I am a useful guy to have around.
9. I am inclined to feel that I'm a failure.*
10.I sometimes feel that my life is not very useful. *
11.I feel as though nothing I do is any good. *
(* Agree response indicates low self-esteem)
Hunt‚ S.‚ Singer‚ K.‚ Cobb‚ S. (1967). Components of depression: identified from a self-rating depression inventory for survey use. Archives of General Psychiatry‚ 16‚ 441-447.
Singer‚ K. (1964). A study of depression‚ unpublished manuscript. MHI Reprint No. 70‚ September.
Robinson‚ John P.‚ Shaver‚ Phillip R. (1969). Measures of Political Attitudes. Institute for Social Research‚ University of Michigan/. Ann Arbor‚ Michigan