1. Smell (e.g. stale cigarette smoke‚ rotting food)
2. Kitchen floor soiled‚ covered in bits‚ crumbs etc.
3. Floor covering in any other room soiled as above.
4. General decorative order poor – obviously in need of attention (e.g. badly stained wall paper‚ broken windows)
5. Kitchen sink‚ draining board‚ work surfaces or cupboard door have not been washed for a considerable period of time
6. Other surfaces in the house have not been dusted for a considerable period of time
7. Cooking implements‚ cutlery or crockery showing ingrained dirt and or these items remain unwashed until they are needed again.
8. Lavatory‚ bath or basin showing ingrained dirt.
9. Furnishings or furniture soiled
10. Informant’s or children’s‚ clothing clearly unwashed‚ or hair matted and unbrushed
11. Garden or yard uncared for and strewn with rubbish
This instrument can be found online at: http://www.teescpp.org.uk/scales-and-questionnaires
Davie CE‚ Hutt SJ‚ Vincent E & Mason M (1984) The young child at home. NFER-Nelson‚Windsor