1. Was there rang activity in your neighborhood?
2. Were you approached by a gang member to join a gang?
3. Were you beaten up by a gang member because you didn’t want to join a gang?
4. Did any of your friends join a gang?
5. Did anyone in your household join a gang?
6. Were you a member of a gang?
7. Did you wear gang colors on purpose?
8. Did you make gang hand signs on purpose?
9. Did you take part in a fight representing a gang?
10.Did you spray paint gang signs on a wall?
11.Did you deliver drugs for gang?
12.Did you carry a weapon to protect yourself?
13.Did you hurt a gang member in a fight?
14.Did you sell drugs for a gang?
15.Did you become a leader of a gang?
This instrument can be found at: http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED352412.pdf
Pillen‚ M.B.‚ & Hoewing-Roberson‚ R.C. (1992). Determining youth gang membership: Development of a self-report instrument. Bloomington‚ IL: Chestnut Health Systems.