1. When completing tasks my attention is focused entirely on what I am doing.
2. I am not concerned with what others may be thinking of me when completing a task.
3. Time seems to alter (either slows down or speeds up) when I am completing tasks.
4. It is no effort to keep my mind on what is happening while I am completing tasks.
5. I am not worried about my performance during the event when completing tasks.
6. When completing tasks‚ the way time passes seems to be different from normal.
7. I have total concentration when I am completing tasks.
8. I have a feeling of total control when completing tasks.
9. It feels like time stops when I am performing tasks.
10. Typically‚ I am completely focused on the task at hand.
11. I am not worried about what others may be thinking of me when I am completing tasks.
12. At times when I am completing tasks‚ it almost seemed like things were happening in slow motion.
1 = never‚ 2 = sometimes‚ 3 = often‚ 4 = very often‚ and 5 = almost always.
subscales: Concentration on task at hand; Loss of self-consciousness; Transformation of time
Jackson‚ S. A. & Marsh‚ H. W. (1996). Development and validation ofa scale to measure optimal experience: The flow state scale. Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology‚ 18‚ 17 – 35.