1. I tend to buy things on impulse.
2. I become impatient when I have to wait for something.
3. I often say and do things on the spur of the moment‚ without stopping to think.
4. I can remember ‘‘playing sick’’ to get out of something.
5. I have often had to take orders from someone who did not know as much as I did.
6. When I get bored‚ I like to stir up some excitement.
7. Some of my family have quick tempers.
8. People consider me a spontaneous‚ devil-may-care person.
9. I often get involved in things I later wish I could get out of.
10.I have been known to do unusual things on a dare.
11.I have sometimes stayed away from another person because I thought I might do or say something that I might regret afterwards.
12.I do not always tell the truth.
13.My way of doing things can be misunderstood or bother others.
14.Sometimes I rather enjoy going against the rules and doing things I am not supposed to.
15.At times‚ I am tempted to do or say something that others would think inappropriate.
16.At times I have very much wanted to leave home.
17.I would like to be a journalist.
18.I like to flirt.
19.Some of my family have habits that bother and annoy me very much.
20.At times I have worn myself out by undertaking too much.
21.In a group of people I would not be embarrassed to be called on to start a discussion or give an opinion about something I know well.
22.I would like to wear expensive clothes.
23.I am against giving money to beggars (*).
24.It is unusual for me to express strong approval or disapproval of the actions of others (*).
25.I like to stop and think things over before I do them (*).
26.I don’t like to start a project until I know exactly how to proceed (*).
27.I finish one activity or project before starting another (*).
28.I am steady and planful rather than unpredictable and impulsive (*).
29.On the whole‚ I am a cautious person (*).
30.I do not let too many things get in the way of my work (*).
31.I keep out of trouble at all costs (*).
32.I consider a matter from every viewpoint before I make a decision (*).
33.I am easily downed in an argument (*).
34.I have never done anything dangerous for the fun of it (*).
35.My conduct is largely controlled by the customs of those about me (*).
36.It makes me uncomfortable to put on a stunt at a party even when others are doing the same sort of thing (*).
37.I find it hard to make small talk when I meet new people (*).
* reverse scored
1 (disagree very strongly) to 4 (agree very strongly).
This instrument can be found at: http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.419.4010&rep=rep1&type=pdf