My immediate supervisor . . .
1. has a good command of the language.
2. is sensitive to my needs of the moment.
3. typically gets right to the point.
4. pays attention to what I say to him or her.
5. deals with me effectively.
6. is a good listener.
7. is difficult to understand when communicating in written form.
8. expresses his or her ideas clearly.
9. is difficult to understand when he or she speaks to me.
10.generally says the right thing at the right time.
11.is easy to talk to.
12.usually responds to messages (memos‚ phone calls‚ reports‚ etc.) quickly.
1 (strongly disagree) to 5 (strongly agree)
Encoding items 1‚ 3‚ 5‚ 7‚ 9‚ and 10‚ and Decoding items are 2‚ 4‚ 6‚ 11 and 12‚ items 7‚ 9 are reverse-coded
Monge‚ P. R.‚ Backman‚ S. G.‚ Dillard‚ J. P.‚ & Eisenburg‚ E. M. (1982). Communicator competence in the workplace: Model testing and scale development. Communication Yearbook‚ 5‚ 505-528.
Madlock‚ Paul E. (2008). The Link Between Leadership Style‚ Communicator Competence‚ and Employee Satisfaction. Journal of Business Communication‚ 45‚ 61-78