Circle the number that best reflects your degree of agreement or disagreement with each statement.
1. Obedience and respect for authority are the most important virtues children should learn.
2.* What we need least is an authority to tell us what to do or how to do it.
3. Every person should have complete faith in some supernatural power whose decisions he obeys without question.
4. People can be divided into two distinct classes‚ the weak and the strong.
5.* To be a decent human being‚ follow your conscience regardless of the law.
6.* No principle is more immoral than that of obedience.
8.* Astrology will never explain anything because it is a fraud.
9.* The Canadian way of life is so resistant to progress that a revolution is necessary to end its injustices and oppressions.
10. Nowadays‚ when so many different kinds of people move around and mix together so much‚ a person has to protect himself against catching an infection or disease from them.
11.* Children don=t owe their parents a thing.
12.* Canada can=t exert moral leadership among nations until it abandons its corrupt material nature.
13.* Sex crimes like rape and child molesting reflect a sick society and we must change society rather than punish individual offenders.
14. Obedience is the mother of success.
15. Strong discipline builds moral character.
16. Canada is spiritually predestined to lead the world.
17. Some day it will probably be shown that astrology can explain a lot of things.
18.* Peoples of different nationalities‚ social classes and races should mix together more. Everybody would benefit from it.
19.* To know people well is to love them.
20. The true Canadian way of life is disappearing so fast that force may be necessary to preserve it.
21. Sex crimes‚ such as rape and attacks on children‚ deserve more than mere punishment: Such criminals ought to be publicly whipped or worse.
22.* Obedience is the mother of enslavement.
23.* True morality only develops in a fully permissive environment
24. There is hardly anything lower than a person who does not feel a great deal of love‚ gratitude‚ and respect for his parents.
25. No principle is more noble or holy than that of true obedience.
26.* The strong and the weak are not inherently different. They are merely the advantaged and the disadvantaged members of an unfair society.
27.* Obedience and respect for authority aren=t virtues and shouldn=t be taught to children.
28. To be a decent person‚ always stay within the law.
29. Our chief want in life is somebody to make us do what we should.
30.* Faith in the supernatural is a harmful self-delusion‚ and submission to religious authority is dangerous.
Note: Items marked with an asterisk are reverse-scored items.
Kohn‚ P.M. (1972). The Authoritarianism-Rebellion scale: A balanced F Scale with left-wing reversals. Sociometry‚ 35‚ 176-189.