When was the last time you …
1. Pushed‚ grabbed‚ or shoved someone?
2. Hit or punched someone?
3. Kicked someone?
4. Were hurt in a fight?
5. Hurt someone else in a fight?
6. Threatened to hurt someone?
7. Threatened someone with a knife or gun?
8. Used a knife or gun to injure someone?
9. Watched a fight?
10. Carried a gun?
11. Carried a knife?
12. Needed medical care for an intentionally caused injury (such as being punched‚ pushed‚ attacked‚ or shot)?
These Measures self-reported recency of aggressive and other high risk behaviors.
· Risk behaviors
· Delinquency and Antisocial Behavior
This instrument can be found on pages 179-180 of Measuring Violence-Related Attitudes‚ Behaviors‚ and Influences Among Youths: A Compendium of Assessment Tools‚ available online at:http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/YV_Compendium.pdf .
Males aged 12-16.
■ Within the past month ■ Between 1 and 6 months ago ■ Between 6 months and 1 year ago ■ Over 1 year ago ■ Never
Items can be considered separately or as an index of violence-related behavior within a given time period. To create an index for past-year violent or violence-related behavior‚ a point should be given for each item with a check in one of the first three response categories‚ thus creating a possible range of 1-12.
Straus MA; Hamby SL; Boney McCoy S; Sugerman DB; Flewelling RL; Paschall MJ; Ringwalt CL (1979‚ 1993). Pg.143‚ 160-161
Flewelling RL‚ Paschall MJ‚ Ringwalt CL. SAGE Baseline Survey. Research Triangle Park‚ NC:Research Triangle Institute‚ 1993.