- I find it difficult to allow myself to depend on others (Av)
- People are never there when you need them (Av)
- I am comfortable depending on others (S)
- I know that others will be there when I need them (S)
- I find it difficult to trust other completely (Av)
- I am not sure that I can always depend on others to be there when I need them (Ax)
- I do not often worry about being abandoned (S)
- I often worry that my partner does not really love me (Ax)
- I find others are reluctant to get as close as I would like (Ax)
- I often worry my partner will not want to stay with me (Ax)
- I want to merge completely with another person (Ax)
- My desire to merge sometimes scares people away (Ax)
- I find it relatively easy to get close to others (S)
- I do not often worry about someone getting close to me (S)
- I am somewhat uncomfortable being close to others (Av)
- I am nervous when anyone gets too close (Av)
- I am comfortable having other depend on me (S)
- Often‚ love partners want me to be more intimate than I feel comfortable being (Av)
Please note: Information regarding the Adult Attachment Scale can be found in Collins & Read (1990) and Collins (1996). Please feel free to contact me if you would like copies of any unpublished manuscripts.
Collins‚ N. L.‚ & Read‚ S. J. (1990). Adult attachment‚ working models‚ and relationship quality in dating couples. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology‚ 54‚ 644-663.
Bartholomew‚ K. & Shaver‚ P. R. (1998). Methods of assessing adult attachment: Do they converge? In J. A. Simpson & W. S. Rholes (Eds.)‚ Attachment theory and close relationships (p. 25-45). New York‚ NY: Guilford.
Brennan‚ K.‚ Clark‚ C.‚ & Shaver‚ P. R. (1998). Self-report measurement of adult attachment: An integrative overview. In J. A. Simpson & W. S. Rholes (Eds.)‚ Attachment theory and close relationships (p. 46- 76). New York‚ NY: Guilford.