The following are statements about you in relation to others. Instructions: Please circle the response that best describes your relationships. . NOTE: THE RATING SCALE HAS CHANGED as follows: 1=Strongly Disagree‚ 7=Strongly Agree‚ and 9=Donít Know.
1. I find others are reluctant to get as close as I would like.
2. I am not sure that I can always depend on others to be there when I need them.
3. Sometimes people do not want to get close to me because I want so much to be close to them.
4. I find it difficult to allow myself to depend on others.
5. I am nervous when anyone gets too close.
6. I am uncomfortable being without close relationships‚ but I sometimes worry that others do not value me as much as I value them.
7. I worry that I will be hurt if I allow myself to become too close to others.
8. I want emotionally close relationships‚ but I find it difficult to trust others completely.
9. I am comfortable depending on others.
10. I often want to get closer to others than they want to get to me.
11. People are never there when you need them.
12. I know that others will be there when I need them.
13. I find it difficult to trust others completely.
14. I do not often worry about someone getting too close to me.
15. I do not often worry about other people letting me down.
16. I want to be completely emotionally intimate with others‚ but I often find that others are reluctant to get as close as I would like.
17. I find it relatively easy to get close to others.
18. My desire to merge sometimes scares people away.
19. I am somewhat uncomfortable being close to others.
Bartholomew‚ K.‚ & Horowitz‚ L. (1991). Attachment styles among young adults: A test of a four category model. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology‚ 61(2)‚ 226-244.