1. I feel down hearted and blue.
2. Morning is when I feel the best.
3. I have crying spells or feel like it.
4. I have trouble sleeping at night.
5. I eat as much as I used to.
6. I still enjoy sex.
7. I notice that I am losing weight.
8. I have trouble with constipation.
9. My heart beats faster than usual.
10. I get tired for no reason.
11. My mind is as clear as it used to be.
12. I find it easy to do the things I used to.
13. I am restless and can’t keep still.
14. I feel hopeful about the future.
15. I am more irritable than usual.
16. I find it easy to make decisions.
17. I feel that I am useful and needed.
18. My life is pretty full.
19. I feel that others would be better off if I were dead.
20. I still enjoy the things I used to do.
This instrument can be found at: https://scales.arabpsychology.com/&www.serene.me.uk.
A little of the time‚ Some of the time‚ Good part of the time‚ Most of the time
A total score is derived by summing the individual item scores (1–4) and ranges from 20 to 80.
The items are scored: 1 = a little of the time‚ through 4 = most of the time‚ except for items 2‚ 5‚ 6‚ 11‚ 12‚ 14‚ 16‚ 17‚ 18‚ and 20 which are scored inversely (4 = a little of the time)
Zung. William WK. 1965. A Self-Rating Depression Scale. Arch Gen Psychiatry‚ 12;63-70.