1. I feel more nervous and anxious than usual.
2. I feel afraid for no reason at all.
3. I get upset easily or feel panicky.
4. I feel like I’m falling apart and going to pieces.
5. I feel that everything is all right and nothing bad will happen.
6. My arms and legs shake and tremble.
7. I am bothered by headaches neck and back pain.
8. I feel weak and get tired easily.
9. I feel calm and can sit still easily.
10. I can feel my heart beating fast.
11. I am bothered by dizzy spells.
12. I have fainting spells or feel like it.
13. I can breathe in and out easily.
14. I get numbness and tingling in my fingers and toes.
15. I am bothered by stomach aches or indigestion.
16. I have to empty my bladder often.
17. My hands are usually dry and warm.
18. My face gets hot and blushes.
19. I fall asleep easily and get a good night’s rest.
20. I have nightmares.
cognitive‚ autonomic‚ motor and central nervous system symptoms.
A little of the time‚ Some of the time‚ Good part of the time‚ Most of the time
20-44 Normal Range
45-59 Mild to Moderate Anxiety Levels
60-74 Marked to Severe Anxiety Levels
75-80 Extreme Anxiety Levels
Zung. William WK‚. 1971.A Rating Instrument for Anxiety Disorders. Psychosomatics‚ 12(6); 371-379.
Ramirez‚ S.‚ Lukenbill‚ J. (2008). Psychometric Properties of the Zung Self-Rating Anxiety Scale for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities (SAS-ID). Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities‚ Vol. 20‚ No. 6.‚ pp. 573-580.