Trait Forgivingness Scale
Berry‚ Worthington‚ O’Connor‚ Parrott‚ & Wade‚ 2005
1. People close to me probably think I hold a grudge too long.
2. I can forgive a friend for almost anything.
3. If someone treats me badly‚ I treat him or her the same.
4. I try to forgive others even when they don’t feel guilty for what they did.
5. I can usually forgive and forget an insult.
6. I feel bitter about many of my relationships.
7. Even after I forgive someone‚ things often come back to me that I resent.
8. There are some things for which I could never forgive even a loved one.
9. I have always forgiven those who have hurt me.
10. I am a forgiving person.
1 = Strongly Disagree‚ 2 = Mildly Disagree‚ 3 = Agree and Disagree Equally‚ 4 = Mildly Agree‚ 5 = Strongly Agree
Reverse score items 1‚ 3‚ 6‚ 7‚ and 8
Berry‚ J.W.‚ Worthington‚ E.L.‚ Jr.‚ O’Connor‚ L.E.‚ Parrott‚ L. III‚ & Wade‚ N.G. (2005). Forgiveness‚ vengeful rumination‚ and affective traits. Journal of Personality‚ 73‚ 183-225.
Scherer. Michael‚ "Forgiveness and the Bottle: Promoting Self-forgiveness with Alcohol Misuse" (2010). Virginia Commonwealth University‚ Theses and Dissertations. Paper 2109.