Toronto Alexithymia Scales (TAS 20)
R. Michael Bagby‚ James D. A. Parker and Graeme J. Taylor‚. 1994
1. I am often confused about what emotion I am feeling
2. It is difficult for me to find the right words for my feelings
3. I have physical sensations that even doctors don’t understand
4. I am able to describe my feelings easily(R)
5. I prefer to analyze problems rather than just describe them (R)
6. When I am upset‚ I don’t know if I am sad‚ frightened‚ or angry
7. I am often puzzled by sensations in my body
8. I prefer to just let things happen rather than to understand why they turned out that way
9. I have feelings that I can’t quite identify
10. Being in touch with emotions is essential (R)
11. I find it hard to describe how I feel about people
12. People tell me to describe my feelings more
13. I don’t know what’s going on inside me
14. I often don’t know why I am angry
15. I prefer talking to people about their daily activities rather than their feelings
16. I prefer to watch “light” entertainment shows rather than psychological dramas
17. It’s difficult for me to reveal my innermost feelings‚ even to close friends
18. I can feel close to someone‚ even in moments of silence (R)
19. I find examination of my feelings useful in solving personal problems (R)
20. Looking for hidden meanings in movies or plays distracts from their enjoyment
Bagby‚ R. M.‚ Parker‚ J. D. A. & Taylor‚ G. J. (1994). The twenty-item Toronto Alexithymia Scale-I. Item selection and cross-validation of the factor structure. Journal of Psychosomatic Research‚ 38‚ 23-32."
Bagby‚ R.M.‚ Taylor‚ G.J.‚ & Parker‚ J.D.A. (1994). The Twenty- Item Toronto Alexithymia Scale II. Convergent discriminant‚and concurrent validity. Journal of Psychosomatic Research‚ 38‚ 33–40.
Taylor‚ G.J.‚ Ryan‚ D.‚ & Bagby‚ R.M. (1985). Toward the development of a new self-report alexithymia scale. Psychotherapy& Psychosomatics‚ 44‚ 191–199.
Zimmermann‚ Grégoire; Rossier‚ Jérôme; Meyer de Stadelhofen‚ Franz; Gaillard‚ François. (2005). Alexithymia Assessment and Relations with Dimensions of Personality. European Journal of Psychological Assessment‚ Vol 21(1)‚ 2005‚ 23-33.
Rieffe‚ C.‚ Oosterveld‚ P.‚ Meerum Terwogt‚ M.‚ Novin‚ S.‚ Nasiri‚ H.‚ & Latifian‚ M. (2010). Relationship between alexithymia‚ mood and internalizing symptoms in children and young adolescents: Evidence from an Iranian sample. Personality and Individual Differences‚ 48‚ 425-430.
Besharat‚ M. A.‚ Rostami‚ R.‚ Pourhosein‚ R.‚ & Mirzamani‚ M. (2006). Assessing reliability and validity of Farsi Version of the Toronto Alexithymia Scale-20 in asample of opioid substance use disordered patients. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry‚1‚ 133- 139