Richmond & McCroskey‚ 1995
1. I really dislike getting up in the mornings.
2. I like taking afternoon classes.
3. I prefer morning classes.*
4. I am at my worst in the mornings.
5. I really like getting up in the mornings.
6. I dislike taking afternoon classes.*
7. I am very irritable in the morning.
8. I am very alert in the afternoons.*
9. I am very irritable in the afternoons.*
10.I am very alert in the mornings.
11.I rarely do well on tests in morning classes.*
12.I usually do very well on tests in afternoon classes.*
13.I usually do very well on tests in morning classes.
14.I rarely do well on tests in afternoon classes.*
15.I like to do my studying late at night.
16.I like to do my studying early in the day.*
(5) Strongly agree; (4) Agree; (3) Neutral of undecided; (2) Disagree; (1) Strongly disagree
Step 1: Add responses items 3‚ 6‚ 8‚ 9‚ 11‚ 12‚ 14‚ and 16
Step 2: Add responses items 1‚ 2‚ 4‚ 5‚ 7‚ 10‚ 13‚ and 15
Step 3: Complete the following formula: Time Orientation = 48 - Total of step 1 + Total of step 2
Scores should between 16 and 80.
Scores above 50 indicate an evening orientation. Scores below 40 indicate a morning orientation. Scores between 40 and 50 indicate a more flexible orientation.
Richmond‚ V. P.‚ & McCroskey‚ J. C. (1995). Nonverbal behavior in interpersonal relations (3rd Ed.). Boston‚ MA: Allyn & Bacon.
Richmond‚ V. P.‚ McCroskey‚ J. C.‚ & Cole‚ J. G. (2001). Nonverbal Behavior in Interpersonal Relations. Boston‚ MA: Pearson Custom Publications.