1. If I had an emergency‚ even people I do not know in this community would be willing to help
2. I feel good about myself when I sacrifice and give time and energy to members of my family
3. The things I do for members of my family and they do for me make me feel part of this very important group
4. People here know they can get help from the community if they are in trouble
5. I have friends who let me know they value who I am and what I can do
6. People can depend on each other in this community
7. Members of my family seldom listen to my problems or concerns; I usually feel criticized.*
8. My friends in this community are part of my everyday activities
9. There are times when family members do things that make other members unhappy.*
10.I need to be very careful of how much I do for my friends because they take advantage of me.*
11.Living in this community gives me a secure feeling
12.The members of my family make an effort to show their love and affections for me
13.There is a feeling in this community that people should not get too friendly with each other.*
14.This is not a very good community to bring children up in. *
15.I feel secure that I am as important to my friends as they are to me
16.I have some very close friends outside the family who I know really care for me and love me
17.Member(s) of my family do not seem to understand me; I feel taken for granted.*
* Reverse scored
1=Strongly Disagree‚ 2= Disagree‚ 3= Neutral‚ 4= Agree‚ 5= Strongly Agree.
This instrument can be found at: http://www.mccubbinresilience.org/measures.html & Fischer‚ Joel.‚ Corcoran‚ Kevin J. (2007 ). Measures for Clinical Practice and research: A sourcebook. (4th ed.). NY. Oxford University Pr. Vol. 1‚ Page (s): 413- 414.
McCubbin‚ H.I.‚ Patterson‚ J.‚ & Glynn‚ T. (1982).Social Support Index (SSI). In H.I. McCubbin‚ A.I. Thompson‚ & M.A. McCubbin (Eds.‚ 1996)‚ Family assessment:Resiliency‚ coping and adaptation-Inventories for research and practice (pp. 357-389). Madison‚ WI: University of Wisconsin System.
McCubbin‚ H.I.‚ Patterson‚ J.‚ & Glynn‚ T. (1982).Social Support Index (SSI). In: Fischer‚ Joel.‚ Corcoran‚ Kevin J. (2007 ). Measures for Clinical Practice and research: A sourcebook. (4th ed.). NY. Oxford University Pr. Vol. 1‚ Page (s): 413-414.